PDA

View Full Version : perspective camera front projection not working

pixelgraft
08-07-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm having an issue in 9.6 with front projection that I can't figure out.

I have the standard 2 camera setup. My issue is that the front projected (camera mapped) image will not render correctly when using the perspective camera. It does render in Fprime, but then when I do an F9, or try to render via LWSN, it will not render.

I'm wanting to use the perspective camera with photoreal motion blur, but am forced to use the classic camera since the projected image won't project onto the model when I use perspective camera.

Any thoughts? I have one camera as the projector, and another camera as the render cam. I also have the reference camera set inside each of the needed surfaces on the object I am projecting the image onto.

pixelgraft
08-07-2009, 10:25 AM
replying to myself, but I would like some other thoughts...

The projected image will not render when the motion blur is set to photoreal. I can however use a perspective camera with classic motion blur and it does render fine. Why does photoreal motion blur not make the projected image render onto the object?

toby
08-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Either way works here - are you on Mac or pc? Are there any other variables in the scene or surface that could affect this, or plugins?

Lightwolf
08-07-2009, 05:10 PM
You could clone your camera, set it to be a classic camera, and use that as the reference camera for the front projection.

I've no idea if it solves the issue... but it's worth a try.

Cheers,
Mike

pixelgraft
08-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Either way works here - are you on Mac or pc? Are there any other variables in the scene or surface that could affect this, or plugins?

I'm on a PC. In this particular pass, I'm not using any other plug-ins. I am using Infinimap on others, but it's not part of this one.

pixelgraft
08-07-2009, 05:27 PM
You could clone your camera, set it to be a classic camera, and use that as the reference camera for the front projection.

I've no idea if it solves the issue... but it's worth a try.

Thanks, Mike. I tried that as well with no luck.

toby
08-07-2009, 05:30 PM
How about trying this in a new scene, from scratch, maybe it's just a problem with that scene.

Weird problem, good luck

pixelgraft
08-07-2009, 05:33 PM
How about trying this in a new scene, from scratch, maybe it's just a problem with that scene.

Weird problem, good luck

I'll try that..I did a "load from scene" on some elements from another scene. Maybe something there messed it up. Thanks for validating that it worked on yours...at least I know I SHOULD be able to do it in 9.6

toby
08-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Maybe try a diferent image format too, and make sure the alpha isn't active in the image editor (unless you need it) - that can make textures go blank