PDA

View Full Version : HyperVoxels 3.0

ice_blade_za
08-06-2009, 09:14 AM
Greetings all

Been ages since I posted and here I come with a question. So...
I have a scene with a particle emitter and a object on each particle using FXlinker. I also added hypervoxels to the particles to put blobs of water around each object. There is also a single null in the front with hypervoxels for the blob of water round one hires object in the front.

The kicker is that the front hypervoxel stopped being rendered when I added the hypervoxels to the particles. :confused: Even the "show particles" isn't showing it in the layout.

I'm running LightWave 9.6 on windows vista 64.

Ready to render and add to the video footage and now this. <sigh>
:grumpy:

SplineGod
08-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Do you have blending turned on?

ice_blade_za
08-07-2009, 01:14 AM
I have played around with the blending setting at some point, but more to see if the effect would work out for the animation. I tried it now again with each one on, both on and both off. No change to the missing front Hypervoxel.

I really am starting to think this is a bug. It was there until I turned on the emitter HV's. I even copied the settings from the Nulls HV to the emitter HV. :cursin:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76045&stc=1&d=1249629101

Mr Rid
08-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Hmm... it really should work if you dont have negative blending. Is Output Size enabled? So if you start with just the null voxel active, then copy and paste the HV setting from the null to the particles, the null HV disappears? Do you have a Distance To Object grad in your settings somewhere?

ice_blade_za
08-11-2009, 05:50 AM
Hmm... it really should work if you dont have negative blending. Is Output Size enabled? So if you start with just the null voxel active, then copy and paste the HV setting from the null to the particles, the null HV disappears? Do you have a Distance To Object grad in your settings somewhere?

I finally gave up. Switched to using a plain deformed sphere. Used a second emitter and FX linked it. It's rendering now. I did try to recreate the error over the weekend but couldn't. We'll have to chalk this one up to some sort of user error. :stumped:

Thanks.

CC Rider
08-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Pretty interesting image anyway...
probably give me nightmares!!