PDA

View Full Version : Rockets and Lightwave

shrox
08-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Here is a flyer I designed and rendered for an upcoming rocket show and meet. The rocket is a sport scale model of the MLAS (Max Launch Abort System), the escape capsule for the next generation moon rockets. The image is a render with a NASA photo as the backdrop.

waly
08-15-2009, 04:53 AM
For my taste, the texture looks too clean and shiny.
nice work overall.

shrox
08-15-2009, 09:19 AM
For my taste, the texture looks too clean and shiny.
nice work overall.

It's a render of model, only about a foot high, and bright and shiny is what retailers like. The photo in the back is of the real MLAS.

Nangleator
08-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Yeah, when you're doing product shots, you have to struggle not to put in the natural imperfections of real world objects and real world cameras. It attenuates the joy of a co-worker saying, "it looks just like a picture!" when you know you could have done so much more.

Good work, Shrox!

Digital Hermit
08-17-2009, 09:30 PM
It's a render of model, only about a foot high, and bright and shiny is what retailers like. The photo in the back is of the real MLAS.

Doh! I was about to say your hypervoxel work was pretty good, but it needed more work - heh!

Great looking Shrocket! :)

shrox
08-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Doh! I was about to say your hypervoxel work was pretty good, but it needed more work - heh!

Great looking Shrocket! :)

Yes, the real world stuff sometimes looks fake! I see tiling in clouds all the time.

akademus
08-18-2009, 03:12 PM
hahaha. I went through that phase, too.

Awesome stuff, great hypervoxels, honestly, I don't how to make them that way. I'd only blur the reflections on the front shrocket!

shrox
08-18-2009, 03:19 PM
It's already out. About 300 were printed as a giveaway promo, they were gone in minutes. Rocketeers like pretty pictures of rockets.