PDA

View Full Version : Animated Object into vue.

Andyjaggy
08-04-2009, 08:33 PM
Is there any way to get a LW object that has been animated inside of Lw into vue with the animation in tact.

It's not complicated animation, just simple XYZ and rotation values.

I noticed in Vue there is an option to use sync data for your object motion, but I can't see how to export any animation data other then the camera movement.

clagman
09-11-2009, 07:32 AM
There is this command in the menu that exports keyframed motion. So you "export animation to vue" then do the "open scene in standalone". The object you are working with must be imported into the scene using the vue command (within xStream). Ihope this is making sense...

lwaddict
09-16-2009, 08:27 AM
But if you're using xStream...
you could just pull the Vue scene into Lightwave and animate away right?

Which version of Vue do you have Andy?

Andyjaggy
09-16-2009, 01:12 PM
I have Xstream but avoid using it at all costs as I've had nothing but problems with it. So I usually work in infinite and comp.

lwaddict
09-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Then you're already there brother...
it's the best way to utilize the software.

Sadly, you could be doing the same thing with the same results with the special 199.00 package this month instead of xStream or Infinite.

Trying to get xStream to work in a production pipeline at all right now is just asking for delays and high blood pressure.

I'd wait until you hear crowds singing it's praises...
right now, it's just one or two folks on their boards and it would seem that they aren't truly pushing the program to the limits stated on the damned box it was sold in. Argh.

And then you have to read between the lines in all the article about how industry pros are using it... they are comping for the most part. Read up on how it was used, really read...you'll see that you're already using it the way everyone else who has deadlines does.

Stay tuned though...
they, E-On, might get this turkey to fly one day and that day's going to be a magical one. I'll be the first to eat my hat, the DVD case, and beg for forgiveness for all the slamming I do on this one... until then, I've got a megaphone. ;D

Andyjaggy
09-17-2009, 08:41 AM
I know, I crack up when I Read the interviews about how Vue is used on the major movies. It's almost always used for matte paintings, stills, and comping.

At the rate they are cranking new version out now days, I don't ever expect them to get all the bugs worked out.

lwaddict
09-24-2009, 07:52 AM
WAIT Andy, don't give up yet...

Word is that they're already braggin at E-On about Version 8 and how the xStream version integrates with 3d software. Imagine that.

Wait...<shaking head and making Scooby Doo'ish sounds>...
didn't they promise that in 6 xStream? (rendition...rendition...rendition...collect upgrade cash...) Or 7 xStream? (collect cash...rendition...collect cash...rendition...initiate support cost...collect cash...rendition...collect cash) Maybe 8 huh? (unable to collect cash as users are either broke, too pissed to purchase, or remembered how to shoot photography and composite like they have to with Vue)

LOL.

Seriously though, I'm addicted to Vue...
just can't stop staring at it waiting for it to work effectively...
it's a damned software trainwreck. Too gruesome to stare, too wickedly enticing not to.

ARGH

fredfx
10-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Vue might be the worst CG program I've EVER used. Simple animations are PAINFUL!!!!!

wildr3d
03-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Is there any way to get a LW object that has been animated inside of Lw into vue with the animation in tact.

It's not complicated animation, just simple XYZ and rotation values.

I noticed in Vue there is an option to use sync data for your object motion, but I can't see how to export any animation data other then the camera movement.

After asking this same question on e-on's forum this was suggested and seems to work.

- From Lightwave load or import the object you want to use in Vue.

- Turn on Parent in Place.

- Parent to duplicate Lightwave object.

- Animate Lightwave object.

- Use the export animation to Vue command

- Run Vuesynch (for Camera)

- Launch standalone Vue from Lightwave

- Synch Camera set scale to 10

You should now have baked keyframes of your animation from Lightwave in Vue. I still get some weird scaling issues in Vue 8, but
I'm getting used to it with Xstream!

clagman
03-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Yep that's it. I have to use different scale than 10 though but I'm not using metric maybe that's why.

Andyjaggy
03-23-2010, 07:56 AM
Where is this export animation to vue command located at?

wildr3d
03-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Where is this export animation to vue command located at?

Hey Andy,

If you added the Xstream config tabs to Lightwave its under the file group. Also I should clarify the you load the Vue object you want to animate from these commands.

Roadwarrior
08-21-2010, 07:19 PM
From Lightwave load or import the object you want to use in Vue.

- Turn on Parent in Place.

- Parent to duplicate Lightwave object.

- Animate Lightwave object.

- Use the export animation to Vue command

- Run Vuesynch (for Camera)

- Launch standalone Vue from Lightwave

- Synch Camera set scale to 10

You should now have baked keyframes of your animation from Lightwave in Vue. I still get some weird scaling issues in Vue 8, but
I'm getting used to it with Xstream!

What say your animation is a rig setup in Lightwave
how do you get this animation to run in vue 8?
Or is it a no go without comping?

clagman
08-21-2010, 07:57 PM
It is possible to get keyframed data into vue using that technique, although with vue 8.5 I get a lot of crashing with LW objects. OBJ stuff seems more stable. Deformation stuff you have to comp although I've heard from e-on that in 9 they will have mdd and fbx I/O. If that's true it could be nice if you can manage to get the objects location exact without having to duplicate geometry (which is bad when you have millions of polys to dup).

Roadwarrior
08-30-2010, 05:19 AM
It is possible to get keyframed data into vue using that technique, although with vue 8.5 I get a lot of crashing with LW objects. OBJ stuff seems more stable. Deformation stuff you have to comp although I've heard from e-on that in 9 they will have mdd and fbx I/O. If that's true it (which is bad when you have millions of polys to dup).

crashing continues with LW objects in vue 8 looks like a job for software engineers or a bright spark to create a plugin solution.:)