PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Points

Richard Hebert
08-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Doing a little modeling and learning a lot but I'm needing to move a point to absolute 3D coordinates versus relative coordinates. The numeric panel lets me move a point to values relative to the point's current position but not to an absolute value based on 0,0,0 of grid. Is there a place tic to get absolute values when moving points or is this a CAD feature only? Thanks for any insight.

art
08-04-2009, 09:14 AM
you can use set value (keyboard shortcut: v) to set x,y,z location of a point or set of points.

Riff_Masteroff
08-04-2009, 09:21 AM
shortcut t (move) does use relative coordinates via the shortcut n (numeric panel)

Use the space bar to toggle the cursor to the point mode. Select one or more points. Shortcut i (information) then presents those point coordinates in "absolute" and allows you to edit (move) them with respect to absolute coordinate space.

Hope this helps

Art is also correct: set value works with absolute coordinates. Remember that you can also use math operators and change from metric to english quantities within any open requester field.

Richard Hebert
08-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Thanks gentlemen for your prompt assistance. I'm looking into these as we speak.