PDA

View Full Version : re-sizing talent ... how?

hruffin3
08-04-2009, 06:48 AM
the default vt[5] livesets resize the talented green screen REX - i'm using the liveset construction tool - not aura and not lightwave and rex stays the same size if i use multiple angles or zooms in my created sets. Do i need the aura plugin to get the talent to resize? or is there some way of ordering the vsfx files so that vt will resize the talent. thanks ...

billmi
08-04-2009, 07:57 AM
That's correct, you will need Aura or LightWave in order to scale or warp any video sources. The LiveSet construction tool just creates a layered composite.

SBowie
08-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Just to mention it, TriCaster XD300's LiveSet implementation allows on the fly adjustment of input scale and position (within reasonable limits - i.e., you still have to respect the 'input surface' boundaries, as for example the limits of how far left or right talent can 'move' behind the desk without cropping occurring).

So, for example, if a set has a virtual monitor in it, you can scale the input up to fill it nicely when that would be useful; or slide the commentator left or right behind the desk to accommodate a camera position that is slightly off.

I've added two examples to illustrate this. In the second, you can see that the talent has been repositioned, and the monitor source has been stretched horizontally.

billmi
08-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Very nice.

I've achieved the same effect when piping pre-recorded footage into VT[5] LiveSets by playing it in SpeedEdit instead of a DDR, and using the control tree to position the source footage.

Adding that kind of control will make using LiveSets in post a lot more flexible. While their real power and uniqueness is in shooting live, it's nice to have the post option too, to get more mileage out of them.

SBowie
08-04-2009, 10:57 AM
I've achieved the same effect when piping pre-recorded footage into VT[5] LiveSets by playing it in SpeedEdit instead of a DDR, and using the control tree to position the source footage.Yeah, me too. (I think I posted a shot of that a year or so ago, but could be wrong...)

This is awesome, though, especially with it's own dedicated 'pre-Switcher' Overlay channel, complete with transitions and positioner. Making it all even more fun is the fact that the LC-11 features have been extended to control many of these things.

While their real power and uniqueness is in shooting live, it's nice to have the post option too, to get more mileage out of them.True - and I haven't said anything yet about several other features, including what I think is absolutely the coolest aspect of XD300's Virtual Inputs with LiveSet (and which was NOT shown at NAB). :D

I can't wait until these puppies are set loose.

hruffin3
08-05-2009, 05:49 AM
thanks ya'll - i guess i really oughta get lw9 - help out the newtek alien crew, :vticon: and make some better livesets.

SBowie
08-05-2009, 06:58 AM
thanks ya'll - i guess i really oughta get lw9 - help out the newtek alien crew, and make some better livesets.If you have the VT with LW, I think you probably qualify for an inexpensive LW upgrade. Even without that, though, Aura could probably do the job for you.

hruffin3
08-07-2009, 06:08 AM
yeah it is relatively inexpensive - it is the relativity that gets me - the list of stuff i need grows between these jobs i keep getting - i live in one of 'those
places' .... my studio is paid for - my car is too, my last boss was half my age and completely clueless ...

the features in lw 8.5 are just dazzling so 9 would give me another list of tools to learn

thanks i will get there!

SBowie
08-07-2009, 07:17 AM
the features in lw 8.5 are just dazzling so 9 would give me another list of tools to learnTell me about it! ;)

If it makes it more attractive, I think one could argue that the upgrade probably qualifies you for Core (on release) - I'd want to confirm that, but it might make the cost seem like a steal of a deal.

billmi
08-07-2009, 07:44 AM
Steve, being an inside man, do you know if the plugin (or the DVE plugin, for that matter) should or should not work with core? My expectation is that it would not, but it would be a happy surprise to learn that they should work (i.e. that the plugin structure allows legacy plugins to work).

SBowie
08-07-2009, 08:25 AM
I'm probably better described as an 'outside-inside' man. :p

Anyway ... like you, I'd be very surprised if current DVE/LS plugins worked with Core. Even if they did work (I'm pretty sure they won't, as-is), they would not be able to produce the new (HD) LiveSet and DVE formats that XD models will require.

New tools are in order no matter how we look at it. I don't know, for example, if a single plugin could be contrived to produce both types of LiveSets or not. Core isn't due Q4, and I'd expect some more time to pass before looking for LiveSet/DVE plugins to appear, assuming always that they do. This is not to say that these needs may not be addressed in some other manner before that happens. (I don't want to imply that no thought has been given to these things, because it has, and some related work has been done; but there are still forks in the road ahead and I just don't know which way things will ultimately go.)

gegetrane
09-30-2009, 05:28 AM
Regarding XD300, you mention new formats for HD Livesets and dve's.
We'll be getting our TC Broadcast in a few days and will definitely get the XD300 when it comes out.
Should we put a hold on any Liveset developpement while awaiting XD300 ???
Will LW 9.6 (and liveset plugin) support HD Liveset creation or will we have to wait for a new version of Liveset plugin ?
My noob interpretation would be that a SD widescreen Liveset (with 3D LW scene available) would only need a new rendering in LW with HD screen resolution. Or am I wrong ?
Thanks.

Gerald

SBowie
09-30-2009, 05:38 AM
Or am I wrong ?Not questions I can provide a complete answer too yet, sorry. I do not think time you put into creating the base set scene will ever be wasted, but that recompiling the LiveSet will doubtless be involved. I haven't got any information to share on what sort of tools will be provided to that end yet.