PDA

View Full Version : RE: vue 7.5 Extreme

simonlion
08-04-2009, 03:48 AM
Hello every one:

Iam a Lightwave 9.6 user,, Few years ago when I purchased Lw8 I got a free CD of vue 5 Infinite....

I have never used this program before, and I am thinking of upgrading it to 7.5 Extreme,,, I really like to learn Compositing...

Do you guys think It Is a good Idea for me to spend the money to upgrade to vue 7.5 Extereme ????

What I am going to learn ?

Please let me know, I really appreciate it very much
Simon...

Phil
08-04-2009, 05:55 AM
That depends. If you've never used it, what's driving your desire to upgrade it now? You can probably do most of what you want to do with Vue 5 and compositing would certainly be needed then if you wanted to combine stuff from LW with the output from Vue.
Quite honestly, I'm baffled by the nature of your question. Learning compositing should be perfectly possible with the likes of Nuke PLE, for example. You don't need to spend money on a package that you, by the sounds of it, won't use to full benefit.

3DGFXStudios
08-04-2009, 06:01 AM
Hello every one:

Iam a Lightwave 9.6 user,, Few years ago when I purchased Lw8 I got a free CD of vue 5 Infinite....

I have never used this program before, and I am thinking of upgrading it to 7.5 Extreme,,, I really like to learn Compositing...

Do you guys think It Is a good Idea for me to spend the money to upgrade to vue 7.5 Extereme ????

What I am going to learn ?

Please let me know, I really appreciate it very much
Simon...

Vue isn't a composit program but a nature 3D creater or whatever you may call it.

JamesCurtis
08-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I think their pricing has gotten a little out of touch with reality!! Seems their prices have gone up, while the worker's/artists income has deminished a bit. The economy's not so good right now, and plenty of us 3D/CG guys have felt the pinch. I myself am doing about 25% of what I did last year!!

Silkrooster
08-05-2009, 02:47 AM
I think E-On has the same mentality as Autodesk. "In order for our software to be used by Hollywood we must artificially jack up our prices"

lwaddict
08-10-2009, 08:01 AM
I think E-On is simply losing their customer base and needs to get the money back somehow... :twak:

I mean really, the software doesn't work 100% even after revision, update, revision, update, revision... did I forgot that many got charged in between all these fixes and updates and still don't have a program that does what they promised back with 6 xstream?

Stay back from this package until you start hearing raves from people who've been board members for years.

In the meantime, the original request sounded more like someone wanting to learn compositing? Correct?
Pick up SpeedEdit on the cheap here and then if you like compositing, move on to other packages.
Just my two cents...

DOH, I think I gave you a nickle there though.

simonlion
08-11-2009, 02:05 AM
Thank You Very To All Of You..
Simon

lwaddict
08-11-2009, 07:04 AM
Not a problem.

I'm just hoping that if enough people back away for a bit, maybe E-On will realize that we're not all made of money and fix what they have before moving forward and trying to charge us all again. :twak:

At least the constant posting of movies that used their software is amusing... because if you read the full articles, you'll see that even those movie houses aren't using the software they way it claims to run, fully integrated. Instead, they've all found "workarounds" and continue to comp everything using large scale stills, baked atmospheres, etc... but oh hey there, they're using VUE. LOL.

Face it, Lucas alone is known for using whatever will work, and even stuff that won't (or that isn't made for it, to get the job done. For instance, they used cotton swabs for the crowd scenes in Star Wars I during the pod races... you don't see Q-Tip pushing their wares because of it. LOL. "Clean hard to reach places AND work out those difficult crowd shots"