PDA

View Full Version : RE: vue 7.5 Extreme

simonlion
08-04-2009, 03:47 AM
Hello every one:

Iam a Lightwave 9.6 user,, Few years ago when I purchased Lw8 I got a free CD of vue 5 Infinite....

I have never used this program before, and I am thinking of upgrading it to 7.5 Extreme,,, I really like to learn Compositing...

Do you guys think It Is a good Idea for me to spend the money to upgrade to vue 7.5 Extereme ????

What I am going to learn ?

Please let me know, I really appreciate it very much
Simon...

Bytehawk
08-04-2009, 02:53 PM
try the version you have first and see if you can use it to create something. If so, then take a hard look ath their current pricing and decide again.

I have used it and couldn't get anything decent out of it. The biggest reason is frustration with the interface and bugs.

dvfx
08-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Hello every one:

Iam a Lightwave 9.6 user,, Few years ago when I purchased Lw8 I got a free CD of vue 5 Infinite....

I have never used this program before, and I am thinking of upgrading it to 7.5 Extreme,,, I really like to learn Compositing...

Do you guys think It Is a good Idea for me to spend the money to upgrade to vue 7.5 Extereme ????

What I am going to learn ?

Please let me know, I really appreciate it very much
Simon...

Simon, I would strongly suggest you not buy Vue 7.5 xStream. I have been using it since it was released (apx 3 months) and it is very buggy and very close to unusable for production animation in Lightwave. It is also VERY expensive for something that doesn't work very well at all.

Since you mention you are interested in compositing you might look in to Foundry's Nuke or Eyeon Fusion. Both have learning editions you can try out first. These are good places to start.

D

simonlion
08-11-2009, 02:07 AM
Thank you very much
Simon

lwaddict
09-16-2009, 08:30 AM
Don't do it.