PDA

View Full Version : Weird ffx problem

cagey5
07-30-2009, 05:55 AM
I raised this ages ago and had no response so I'm trying again.

If you load the content scene leopard_ffx and open the ffx panal which of the following panels do you see? And if it's the first one does it then crash on rendering?

[edit] The only noticeable difference is the first couple of fields. Specifically in the first panel it has Fiber Qty and in the second one it has MAx Fiber Density

studlybw
09-10-2010, 11:05 AM
What's the difference between the two settings? I'm getting Fiber Qty on some objects and Fiber Density on others. When it's Fiber Qty it will default to turning off the visibility of the object in the render and only render the shadows with no object or fibers. When it's Density it renders as expected.

cagey5
09-17-2010, 04:18 AM
Hi. On;y just noticed your response here.

The problem for me (as I recall, it's going back some time) seemed to be two versions of the ffx plugin in the modeller plugin folder I believe. Deleting one of them (don't ask which) stopped this re-occurring.

In fact I'm not sure I didn't need to do a clean install to sort it eventually. Good luck.

jeric_synergy
09-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Given the choice, I'd delete the one that is 1) older, or 2) smaller. (How often does code get 'skinnier'?)