PDA

View Full Version : The crash report window in Lightwave!

jaxtone
07-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Is this just a dummy or something. I add the text that are attached to the crashes but never hear sound from these guys. Is this just a joke or what.

Lately I have had loads of crashes and sent in a bug report each time but it feels like a one way communication since they never respond!

Tonight I have sent about 8 reports in an hour!

Kuzey
07-30-2009, 04:29 AM
The joke is that you expect to hear something just because you sent in a crash report :hey:

They will only contact you if they need more information and or sample scene that displays the crash/bug. Otherwise, just keep posting bug reports and forget about it, it's the same everywhere.

Kuzey

3DGFXStudios
07-30-2009, 04:42 AM
You can sent as many reports you want but if you don't supply your scene with the bug they trow it right in the trashcan. Also crash reports a just one way traffic. Did microsoft contact you when you send them a crash report?

Weetos
07-30-2009, 05:17 AM
Software companies shouldn't imitate MS's way of handling bug reports - this is not the right way to go - MS has MILLIONS (BILLIONS ?) of users that can potentially send crash reports

I think NT they could at least send an automated response saying that they received the crash report - I know this doesn't mean the report would be processed by the team, as I guess many reports can relate to one bug, but at least you know that the report is in NT's hands instead of being trapped in some spam filter protection. Leaving this sort of things unanswered is giving users the impression that nobody cares their problem and that the report went right to the trashcan. This stuff can be handled automatically by a mail server, it's not like they would need a whole staff to cope with that.

My two cents

Kuzey
07-30-2009, 05:26 AM
Software companies shouldn't imitate MS's way of handling bug reports - this is not the right way to go - MS has MILLIONS (BILLIONS ?) of users that can potentially send crash reports

I think NT they could at least send an automated response saying that they received the crash report - I know this doesn't mean the report would be processed by the team, as I guess many reports can relate to one bug, but at least you know that the report is in NT's hands instead of being trapped in some spam filter protection. Leaving this sort of things unanswered is giving users the impression that nobody cares their problem and that the report went right to the trashcan. This stuff can be handled automatically by a mail server, it's not like they would need a whole staff to cope with that.

My two cents

I think the FogBugz approach is the best one, as soon as you press the ok button you know the report get's to Newtek. So, if you are doing it through email....it would be better to switch to FogBugz way of doing it....just to be on the safe side :hey:

Kuzey

Weetos
07-30-2009, 05:34 AM
I think the FogBugz approach is the best one, as soon as you press the ok button you know the report get's to Newtek. So, if you are doing it through email....it would be better to switch to FogBugz way of doing it....just to be on the safe side :hey:

Kuzey

Oh yeah that's right ! One of the best moves NT (among others !) has done lately - A bit confusing at the first sight, but really efficient and professional !

jaxtone
07-30-2009, 09:53 AM
I could answer this in at least three ways but to be sure keeping the good spirit up but also a sense of humor:

Yes of course and you know what? They directed me with a link to Lightwaves excellent crash report window! :hey:

Did microsoft contact you when you send them a crash report?

3DGFXStudios
07-30-2009, 10:03 AM
Lol ;) :D