PDA

View Full Version : LightWave Mac v9.6 Hotfix/Cocoa Update - 29 Jul 2009

Chuck
07-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Hi, Mac 'Wavers! :)

Welcome to this week's progress note on our Mac development activities!

Cocoa/Hotfix LightWave v9.6.x: The team is continuing work on some issues related to third party plugins interactions with the UI this week, and we're also reviewing what other priorities we need to address before launching Open Beta for our registered v9 owners who have signed up. The IT folks are still working on preparing the Registration System for a new round of Open Beta as well. Progress is good on all fronts, and again, we hope that within a week or two we should be able to enter Open Beta.

I'll be away from the office again beginning tomorrow, and will be traveling for a couple of weeks, so there's a chance that before I am back to resume posting updates, Jay or Jonas may post for you if we do get the software and registration system ready to launch v9.6.1 Open Beta.

That's it for this week, and look forward to seeing you all with good news after my travels! :)

Please Keep Those Bug Reports Coming: Getting in reports on any bugs you may have encountered but not yet reported is very important. Don't forget to include steps and content, as they are needed to insure that we can duplicate your bug properly and get it fixed. For those of you who need a refresher as to how to report bugs, check this link:

Instructions for Bug Report and Feature Request Database (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73227)

Kuzey
07-30-2009, 04:15 AM
Ooooooh...it's getting so close I can smell the Hot Cocoa in the air :thumbsup:

Kuzey

precedia
08-01-2009, 03:26 PM
...launching Open Beta for our registered v9 owners who have signed up....

I missed the sign-up. Where is it?

Kuzey
08-01-2009, 04:33 PM
I missed the sign-up. Where is it?

It's not ready yet :D

That was the last beta cycle..if you were on that list, I presume they will contact you when the open beta begins. They are getting the new sign up system ready.

Kuzey

jwiede
08-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Chuck,

Are FBX & Collada (Valkyrie) fixes for import/export of rigged characters getting significant attention in 9.6.1?

Thanks!

v1u1ant
08-06-2009, 12:46 PM
cant wait

3dworks
08-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Chuck,

Are FBX & Collada (Valkyrie) fixes for import/export of rigged characters getting significant attention in 9.6.1?

Thanks!

let's cross fingers (i mean rigged fingers, LOL)

kfinla
08-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Is this the latest update? been a bit since we heard any 9.6.1 news.. hope fiberfx gets lots of fixes in osx. And really hope that Fprime 3.5 threading bug get resolved soon. Its pretty crippled render/previewing HV's with just 1 or 2? threads.

Kuzey
08-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Yes...I think the next post would be about the open beta beginning....maybe tomorrow :hey:

Or maybe later this week.

Kuzey

jwiede
08-17-2009, 09:02 PM
They were doing so well with regular updates, I hope Chuck will resume them when he gets back.

I'd certainly expect them start the OB soon, if they want to have any hope of getting it RTM'd before the hypothetical CORE release window. Trying to manage both releases in parallel seems like a Really Bad Idea.

jwiede
08-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Any further information about the 9.6.1 OB that was supposed to be starting around now?

Jay? Chuck? Anyone from Newtek?

rsfd
08-20-2009, 01:48 PM
I'll be away from the office again beginning tomorrow, and will be traveling for a couple of weeks, so there's a chance that before I am back to resume posting updates, Jay or Jonas may post for you if we do get the software and registration system ready to launch v9.6.1 Open Beta.

Seems, Jay or Jonas will only post when OB is ready to start.
They won't post any progress updates.
Unfortunately.

Chuck
08-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Still working on some issues that we want to get resolved before we bring the update to Open Beta; and MIS still has some work to do on the Registration system to re-enable Open Beta. I'll post more of an update here tomorrow.

jwiede
08-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks for the update, Chuck!

solferino
08-26-2009, 02:34 AM
News??

rsfd
08-26-2009, 03:11 AM
yes:
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101333