PDA

View Full Version : deselect option

octopus2000
07-26-2009, 12:05 PM
i just learned you can't deselect in lightwave. why is there no deselect option in layout?

evenflcw
07-26-2009, 12:17 PM
What answer do you expect? And from whom? You likely wont get an answer from NT developers on that question. And they are the only ones who really could know. But the most likely answer is probably that no one bothered because they didn't see anybody needing it.

So the more interesting question is not "why there isn't", but "why there should be"! Why do you need it!?

octopus2000
07-27-2009, 02:24 AM
What answer do you expect? And from whom? You likely wont get an answer from NT developers on that question. And they are the only ones who really could know. But the most likely answer is probably that no one bothered because they didn't see anybody needing it.

So the more interesting question is not "why there isn't", but "why there should be"! Why do you need it!?

i'm making a feature request

zardoz
07-27-2009, 08:49 AM
actually I never needed to deselect in layout...

Lightwolf
07-27-2009, 09:11 AM
actually I never needed to deselect in layout...
That's why we're all wondering as to why it's needed...

Cheers,
Mike

evenflcw
07-27-2009, 09:15 AM
For everyday use, I don't think I have either, except one! When you want to make a preview. You don't want to see a highlighted boundingbox or wires, nor handles. So you select an offscreen item.

But as a developer there have been plenty of situations where I have wanted to clear any selection so there is nothing to distract the users attention or create confusion.

Lightwolf
07-27-2009, 09:17 AM
*When you want to make a preview. You don't want to see a highlighted selection box nor handles. So you select an offscreen item.
True, but then you're treating a symptom by not fixing the cause ;)
I'd prefer an option for previews (I, for example, would like to only see renderable items).

Cheers,
Mike