PDA

View Full Version : Anchor Motion Modifer

joelaff
07-25-2009, 04:18 PM
So I am trying to use Anchor to affix some water droplets to an object being deformed by morph targets.

Does this work with LWSN? When I go to render the object does not affix itself to the morphed object.

So I tried Motion Baker, but this is only baking the rotation for some reason. It is not capturing the position keyframes. I was using the Motion Baker Motion modifier. Note that the curves are not updated by Anchor; so baking in the Graph Editor is out.

Any thoughts? It looks like I *could* probably go the MD_Scan and MD_Plug route. But I would rather keep things simple if possible.

Thanks.

Greenlaw
07-25-2009, 10:59 PM
Hi,

I haven't tried Anchor with MD_Scan, but if it works it should be more reliable with ScreamerNet. I generally prefer using the Scan and Load in ClothFX panel because, unlike MD_Scan and MD_Plug, ClothFX allows you to apply other FX tools if neccessary.

Greenlaw

SplineGod
07-26-2009, 01:11 AM
I have had problems also with anchor not working completely with morphs.
You might try mdscanning and then use editfx to generate nulls off of specific points
or something like DPonts Item motion/point info node. Not sure if they work with SN though.