PDA

View Full Version : Syntheyes -> LW problems

archijam
07-24-2009, 03:34 AM
Couldn't find a thread to bump (a good sign), so here it is:

Conversion seems to work great, but while the first few frames seem in sync, the last frame is way off, ie LW doesn't make it to the last frame (tho as you can see the markers are correct).

I have tried both 0 and 1 starting frame options.

LW is referencing a MOV - is there some unspoken rule, like only use image sequences if you are using SyEy and LW export?

Cheers!

Lightwolf
07-24-2009, 03:38 AM
LW is referencing a MOV - is there some unspoken rule, like only use image sequences if you are using SyEy and LW export?

Not a real rule.. but it rules out QT as being the problem ;)
Also, random access to specific frames is likely to be quicker if you use a single frame sequence, especially if the QT uses a codec that uses a compression scheme that takes more than the current frame into account.

Cheers,
Mike

archijam
07-24-2009, 03:42 AM
Thanks Mike - I had forgotten how much you enjoy rotoscoping ;)

Re-running with image sequence now - thankfully it's not a long clip.

gordonrobb
07-24-2009, 03:49 AM
One of the problems that can occur is when the original frame rate of the QT, differes from the frame rate you tell Syntheyes, or the rate you tell Syntheyes differs from the rate you have in LW.

archijam
07-24-2009, 03:56 AM
gr - I think that's it - 25 and 24. Image sequence ahoy!

edit: Frame rate for quality, image sequence for compatibility.

Lookin sweeet.

Lightwolf
07-24-2009, 04:16 AM
One of the problems that can occur is when the original frame rate of the QT, differes from the frame rate you tell Syntheyes, or the rate you tell Syntheyes differs from the rate you have in LW.
I've also seen cases (on PCs) where the frame rate that QT Player displayed was different from the frame rate the video was created with.

Cheers,
Mike