PDA

View Full Version : SasLite is missing!

jaxtone
07-23-2009, 05:16 PM
I bought Sasquatch a few years ago but since I havenīt had any project that needs hair I didnīt install that plug-in on my new system. Every old file is on my backup system in my bank box so to night I wanted to try something else.

Thought it could be a good idea to use Saslite during the time to see if it might fix the grass problem in a scene that FFX doesnīt seem handle.

What surprises me is that Saslite that at least in earlier versions of Lightwave came with the purchase doesnīt seem to have been included when I installed 9.6.

Anyone knows what happend with SasLite?

Is it just in my system itīs gone or isnīt it included in Lightwave anymore.

If it is, can someone please send the plugin so I can try render out some nice grass during the nite. If itīs not I have to get Sasquatch out of the bank box tomorrow and install it on the new system.

probiner
07-23-2009, 05:22 PM
You're having a great day hun?

Object Porperties Window > Deform Tab >Add Displacement menu > Saslite

Processing Window > Add Pixel Filter menu > SasLite (Antialiasing)

Sleep well :P

arsad
07-23-2009, 05:25 PM
saslite doesn't exist for 64bit! Use 32bit instead!

jaxtone
07-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks Arsad! That was an answer that told it all... wonder if Sasquatch works in 64bit?

saslite doesn't exist for 64bit! Use 32bit instead!

arsad
07-23-2009, 05:39 PM
afaik sasquatch exists in 64bit flavour

jaxtone
07-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Then I will be a luckier man tomorrow after opening my bank box. But wait a minute, Worleys would probably rip me off for an update to Sasquatch for 64bit solutions. 8~

afaik sasquatch exists in 64bit flavour

Phil
07-24-2009, 02:06 AM
Nope - Sasquatch, like all Worley plugins, is licensed by dongle ID (or both in the case of Duo dongles). You'll get 64-bit for free. In fact, you can download Sasquatch off Worley's support pages and all you will then need is the license code that goes with your dongle. It really couldn't be fairer or simpler.

jaxtone
07-24-2009, 03:09 AM
Great to know!

By the way I used Saslite in the 32bit version of LightWave and I was chocked of how much faster it was compared to FFX. Ok, I just had to create an easy lawn by the side of a highway but what toke me seconds with Saslite was way much more complicated and time consuming and buggy with FFX.

So if itīs up to me FFX can be flushed into the trashcan until itīs appropriate even for easy setups.

Nope - Sasquatch, like all Worley plugins, is licensed by dongle ID (or both in the case of Duo dongles). You'll get 64-bit for free. In fact, you can download Sasquatch off Worley's support pages and all you will then need is the license code that goes with your dongle. It really couldn't be fairer or simpler.