PDA

View Full Version : Hypespace Hoopla nightmare

Mr Rid
07-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Well, thats it. What little remaining childhood magic is totally smashed into tiny midichlorians. George Pucas is truly shameless- the Xmas Special, Return of the Muppets, expanding the musical number in Return of the Muppets, Greedo shooting first, 57 different 'special' re-re-release versions of Star Wars on video... now this takes the whole F***in' bakery. Am forced to turn to the dark side. See how much you can bare to watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXJHnv_SiKg

Phil
07-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Oh $deity. That's truly depressing. Especially when you consider the question that faces some of them on returning home of an evening - "what did you do today, dear?"

archijam
07-23-2009, 03:13 PM
That gold handbag does look good on Chewbacca though ..

Mike_RB
07-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Well, thats it. What little remaining childhood magic is totally smashed into tiny midichlorians. George Pucas is truly shameless- the Xmas Special, Return of the Muppets, expanding the musical number in Return of the Muppets, Greedo shooting first, 57 different 'special' re-re-release versions of Star Wars on video... now this takes the whole F***in' bakery. Am forced to turn to the dark side. See how much you can bare to watch.

pure awesome. thanks. :)

Red_Oddity
07-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Well, i rather watch this for 1 and a half hours than see Hayden Christensen skull f**k my childhood memories to death.

kojean
07-23-2009, 05:46 PM
New Disney/Star Wars Merchandise Announced for Star Wars Weekends 2009 and Beyond (http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/blog/2009/04/20/new-disneystar-wars-merchandise-announced-for-star-wars-weekends-2009-and-beyond/)

probiner
07-23-2009, 06:02 PM
ehh ehh ehh ehh

uhuuhuh uuh uuh

ahah aahhhh wtf?

AHAHAHAHAHAHA Dart.. V.. AHAHAHAHAHahahaha

AHH AAAHAHH (need to take a breath) AAHAHHHH

ow wel... ahahaha lets see what people comment about this...

Star Wars potato heads wt...? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

(ok time to go to bed with a smile)

AHAHAHAHA

borkus
07-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Only half of the blame can go to the makers of that pile of ****... The other half goes to the ridiculous people that buy the tickets. Who in their right mind would want to pay to see that in person? I made it to about 40 seconds when I felt the bile working it's way up my esophagus... If people don't buy it, they'll stop making it. Same goes for the last 3 years worth of movies. If the populace would stop supporting movies that try to mimic reality shows, the directors and producers would be forced to move on to something else.

Intuition
07-23-2009, 07:23 PM
C,mon you gatta admit Darth Vader doing "Can't touch this" just rocks.

borkus
07-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Sorry, I didn't make it that far... But, if I had, No, it wouldn't have rocked...

Intuition
07-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Yeah it would have.... and on top of that...

http://lastrow.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/awesome.jpg

probiner
07-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Kitch and popular culture... real buddies.
If you go to a china store in here, same sensation, different references.

Cheers

Matt
07-26-2009, 04:58 AM
Well, i rather watch this for 1 and a half hours than see Hayden Christensen skull f**k my childhood memories to death.

LOL, yes, he was terrible.

dballesg
07-26-2009, 06:09 AM

Well,

Looks like he is coming back for an even more bizarre film:

Quantum Quest: A Cassini Space Odyssey (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0312305/)

David

Andyjaggy
07-26-2009, 06:56 AM
I lasted 3.8 seconds.

jameswillmott
07-26-2009, 07:49 AM

WTF??? That settles it. There is no God. If He existed and was truely benevolent, this would have been struck down by lighting or something...

I only managed about 20 seconds...

UnCommonGrafx
07-26-2009, 09:09 AM
that was sad and bad.

but ya know, they have jobs so ya can't be too down on them. It was just work.

Chris S. (Fez)
07-26-2009, 03:11 PM
I scrubbed through so I might have missed it but...

Star Wars dance off and no jiggly Jabba-slave bikini. Seriously?

Mr Rid
07-26-2009, 05:36 PM
that was sad and bad.

but ya know, they have jobs so ya can't be too down on them. It was just work.

Oh, I only feel sorry for the 'performers' as this is the best job they could get. But imagine being the one who was turned down in the role of Sandperson #3 at Disney's Florida Hollywood (?) Hyperspace Hoopla.

Mucas is the one to be down on. Everything that was once cool and magical about Star Wars 'a long time ago,' has been filtered down into the most trite, cheap, pandering, pimped out merchandising bulls**t. The guy directed a few good movies in the 70s (I think THX is one of the 10 best sci-fis)... that was it. Raiders was good, but every other studio movie he produced after was a flop (Jedi was the biggest turd I have ever witnessed... I lost all faith after that). Star Wars was a humungous fluke that no one anticipated. But it secured the blockbuster, lowest com-dom, marketing-blitz, cleanup-opening-weekend model for American movies ever since. His 'genius' was due to keeping the merchandising rights on the first Star Wars that the studios were stupidly unaware of at the time. He has been milking Star Wars to death ever since with endless regurgitations. As Michael Moore said, the problem with capitalism is there is no such concept as "enough."

I think a hard up performer in a Vader costume dancing to the most cliche, odd-character-dancing-for-cheap-laugh gag song ever overused, 'U Cant Touch This' as a theme park side-attraction is enough.