PDA

View Full Version : Liveset materials turning white, then crashing



ajcgi
07-23-2009, 03:39 AM
Hi all. I have set up a live set scene in Lightwave 9.3.1. I'd have used 9.6 but the liveset plugin wouldn't install. Anyway this set has a plasma tv in it. Consequently there are two surfaces in the scene, one with the video input material in it and the other with the fx material on it.
On loading the scene up having saved, the fx material never saves and renders show it up as being white, along with the video surface too. Then loading the scene again results in crashes.
I'm using GI in the scene but this problem also occurs with GI off.

Alex

ajcgi
07-23-2009, 05:56 AM
Ok, it seems if I delete the LiveSet generator from the scene, things seem to cooperate, then I add it in at render time only. Perhaps, hehe.

ajcgi
07-23-2009, 07:43 AM
Ok another update. The LiveSet generator isn't always saving files correctly. I've narrowed it down to possibly being to do with my naming conventions. Are there any characters, words etc which shouldn't be in the names for cameras, folders etc?
This is a clever system, but it seems to be outwitting me a bit atm. On XP-32 btw.

joseburgos
07-23-2009, 09:37 AM
I use 9.6 but when I used 9.3, I did not have these problems. You say it renders up as white. Are you saying when you use load the LiveSet, the video plane is white and does not use the switcher channel to feed it?
Or are you saying it displays white in OpenGL and also if you render using F9 or F10? If the later, this happens to me as well (the white and not the color/UV looking surface) but it always works correctly as a LiveSet.

Standard Windows naming works with no problems. So not even a clue as to what you are speaking of.

Maybe you can slow down and give more details one at a time so that we can better assist you?

ajcgi
07-29-2009, 05:44 AM
I sorted the rendering white issue by removing the liveset generator plugin from the Master Plugins panel, then only putting it back in at render time.

The naming convention thing... I mention that because on the occasions when it didn't save the renders, it seems to be sorted by changing the names on the cameras. It all seems a bit random as to whether that works or not.

Anyhow, after a bit of tweaking I successfully exported a set to our video guys who got it into the Tricaster no probs, including the fx feed.

I'm getting the hang of things, but I'll be back I'm sure, especially as I'm a regular Softimage user so this software is completely new to me anyhow. :thumbsup: