PDA

View Full Version : raytracing not working

chernobylpug
07-22-2009, 09:37 PM
I just upgraded from 8.5 to 9.6:

Raytracing doesn't work...i have it set in render tab but it doesn't render...is there some feature in 9.6 other than render settings that I need to click also or is this a bug?

shrox
07-22-2009, 09:47 PM
I just upgraded from 8.5 to 9.6:

Raytracing doesn't work...i have it set in render tab but it doesn't render...is there some feature in 9.6 other than render settings that I need to click also or is this a bug?

Is the light set to raytrace in the light properties shadow tab?

biliousfrog
07-23-2009, 03:48 AM
What are you raytracing?

Is it something simple like no reflections showing...but there's nothing to reflect?

It's quite hard to tell what the problem might be. Be sure to remove any config files as they are proven to cause some issues when upgrading and upload a simple test scene so that we can see what the problem might be.

Tobian
07-23-2009, 08:31 AM
It could be you aren't aware there's now a 'render globals' and 'camera' properties. You need to enable all options in both, and in the case of raytraced reflections, you need to enable them in 'render globals'.

What actually is broken, as saying 'raytracing' is a bit non specific: Shadows, lights, reflections, refractions, radiosity, combinations or all?! :)

Riff_Masteroff
07-23-2009, 06:21 PM
If you are using the lens cap lsc, remember to set it to "off"