PDA

View Full Version : Something Wrong with Kurv Studios?

MiniFireDragon
07-22-2009, 06:28 PM
On Sunday I placed an order on Kurv's website for the PLK plugin. A few minutes later I get the invoice in my email saying the order was being processed. It also said please wait 24 - 48 hours for processing (providing they are business days).

It is now Wednsday. I have a project I need to complete where this plug in will help greatly. On tuesday I used THEIR contact form. I also made a phone call. The mail box was full. I figured I'd wait another day before posting here (as it seems to be the only way to get Kurv Studio's Attention). So I called again today and got the same full mailbox.

I am not going to bother to send an email because in the past it has always ended up being ignored. Is anyone else having issues like this? Or am I just having a string of bad luck with EVERY order I have placed with Kurv?

This morning I recieved a discount coupon to videos, so I THINK they are still there, and it appears Wes posted something on the 20th. SO what gives?

h2oStudios
07-22-2009, 07:55 PM
I've had an issue with Kurv Studios before as well. Sometimes things get slowed up I guess; possibly a heavy amount of orders being processed at current. Sh*t happens, or in this case, doesn't happen, I guess.

kurv
07-22-2009, 08:28 PM
We have processed all the PLK requests we have seen. Did you email it to plk[ at] kurvstudios d ot com? if so, please email it again and copy me on it at kurv [ at] kurvstudios d ot com

I will watch for it and get it processed as soon as possible. Sorry for the hassle...

borkus
07-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Just to mention, I have been using Kurv for the last three years and have only had one hiccup. And, Wes was awesome in dealing with it. They are a small company and can get bogged down with all the orders that come in sometimes... The double edge sword of having so much stuff that all us lightwavers want so badly...

MiniFireDragon
07-22-2009, 09:07 PM
My only problem is when there is a problem getting attention in a timely manner. I'd love to be able to sit around for days not being able to work because the company I bought something off of is absent with there order fullfillment.

And WES: I ordered it through the onsite shopping cart, and I sent a copy to the reply of the contact us you sent me... the email address starts with my SN here.

kurv
07-22-2009, 09:56 PM
Just got your emails... no we never received an email from you on the PLK license request. We have instructions in the read me file stating what to do to get your license.

Please send us that info... :D

kurv
07-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Just to mention, I have been using Kurv for the last three years and have only had one hiccup. And, Wes was awesome in dealing with it. They are a small company and can get bogged down with all the orders that come in sometimes... The double edge sword of having so much stuff that all us lightwavers want so badly...

Thank you sir for the kind words.... with the economy we have let a few customer service people go :( so we are short staffed a bit. But we work really hard to get things handled quickly.

kurv
07-22-2009, 10:15 PM
My only problem is when there is a problem getting attention in a timely manner. I'd love to be able to sit around for days not being able to work because the company I bought something off of is absent with there order fullfillment.

And WES: I ordered it through the onsite shopping cart, and I sent a copy to the reply of the contact us you sent me... the email address starts with my SN here.

I feel I need to say as well. :) The order came in on Sunday... we released it for download very quickly. But we never received the email requesting the license key as instructed in the ReadMe file. As soon as we get the info requested in the Read-Me file we will get you the key codes :D

Thanks!

jwiede
07-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Wes, can you please explain what's going on with the VerdureArea plugin you sold me? As one of your VerdureArea customers, I've made many attempts to contact you to no avail. You've even responded to forum posts of mine where you address every other question but the one about VerdureArea.

At least one other customer is having a VerdureArea support experience similar to mine, BTW...

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98327

Since you're answering issues here, can you please explain the support situation for this product, and whether it will be receiving any updates (it has been alleged there's at least one in your hands that has yet to make it to your customers)?

It may not have been an expensive plugin set at $99, but it wasn't exactly a "cheap" plugin either, and I've found it so unstable that I've yet to ever be able to generate a complete tree+foliage before it crashed LW9.6 (Win32). I've been told the alleged update fixes the specific crash bug I've encountered apparently. Unfortunately, you've never responded to any of the emails, or forums posts where I asked for support on the instability, and whether the update was real. Recently the entire VerdureArea thread was deleted from Kurv's forums (I've started a new one since then).

As I've said in numerous places, I've had exemplary experiences with Kurv prior to my VerdureArea experience. However, my experience w.r.t. VerdureArea has been so unacceptable, it has made me seriously rethink my attitude towards Kurv, and I've put a hold on any further significant purchases from Kurv until this is resolved.

How do we fix this situation? I really prefer not discussing this kind of 'dirty laundry' in public, but all attempts at private communication with you on this issue have failed. This seems like the only way left to get your attention. Can't we work out some kind of mutually-acceptable solution on this situation?

-John W.

kurv
07-22-2009, 10:56 PM
Well John, as I told you last Tuesday in the free class you attended, I will get you an update this week for the plugin.

kurv
07-22-2009, 10:59 PM
I would like to know as well. If there is a problem, we should all know. We certainly can't have any potential problems swept under the rug since if it happens once, it could happen again - say with the PLK plugin. I have had NO problems with Kurv (okay, well one small problem that was quickly taken care of) but I've seen John's post here before and am amazed that this has not been addressed. Every time someone comes in here and complains, I nearly ALWAYS stand up for Kurv and say it that there MUST be extenuating circumstances - the last time here there was a complaint I believe your office was very sick. This instance, however, seems VERY different. What's going on this time?

Come on Wes, let us know.

I am actually SITTING HERE waiting for your email to request the license key. Have been for over an hour now at almost midnight.

READ THE READ ME FILE....

Email me the information we ask for there...

and I will get you a key.

I don't know what else to do here. We never received the request you say you have sent... but the time your spending here... we could have had this to you by now.

But there is information we need from you to process it. I will be going to bed soon... so. waiting on you.

kurv
07-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Uhhmm Wes... I'm not the guy with the PLK problem. I just wanted to see a resolution to Johns problem that has seemingly been ignored lately. I saw at least two posts he's made and apparently no resolution was reached.

Yeah... the PLK guy should read the info with the plugin FIRST. ;)

LOL well it is midnight.... sorry about that. Thought you were the poster here.

Were handling John, it will be soon :)

kurv
07-22-2009, 11:28 PM
John, update sent out :)

MiniFireDragon
07-23-2009, 06:11 AM
Am I missing something? I got an order email and that was it. Never a download link to download the software or anything.

kurv
07-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Am I missing something? I got an order email and that was it. Never a download link to download the software or anything.

Ye sir we did send it, sent it again today, please check and let us know :D

npix
07-23-2009, 10:20 AM

I second that, ordered yesterday, panicked when I read this thread, but am downloading now, and very happy with Kurv's prompt service!

jaxtone
07-23-2009, 10:50 AM
I have no critisism to share... just two questions!

1. How fast can you guarantee a delivery from the moment I purchase a product from your website?

2. When will PLK be announced for Vista 64 bit?

Regards
Jack

MiniFireDragon
07-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Ye sir we did send it, sent it again today, please check and let us know :D

Hmmm, still nothing. Are you using a different mail server then the Kurv Studios mailserver?

I know that there is been a sweeping change in mail servers where they need to have a "license" so to speak and when the mail is sent, if that server isn't registered on the list, it gets bounced. I know Comcast uses the list because my father has an issue and the web hosting company had to setup and register the mail server.

jwiede
07-24-2009, 04:43 AM
Well John, as I told you last Tuesday in the free class you attended, I will get you an update this week for the plugin.
Wes, I finally received the update, and I appreciate finally getting that issue resolved. That said, I still think there's a wider issue around what's happened with the VerdureArea product in general.

I had the opportunity to force the issue with the update, and by doing so it's been resolved (I'm presuming all customers received it), but honestly, it shouldn't have required such extreme steps. I still haven't seen any explanation for the months of unanswered emails, deleted threads asking for support, etc. I'm not asking for the explanation, though, I'd just like to see a commitment that it won't happen again in the future.

Now that we have the update, can we expect any further updates or even support for this product? If so, what's being done to make sure future issues are addressed better than what's happened to date?

kurv
07-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Hmmm, still nothing. Are you using a different mail server then the Kurv Studios mailserver?

I know that there is been a sweeping change in mail servers where they need to have a "license" so to speak and when the mail is sent, if that server isn't registered on the list, it gets bounced. I know Comcast uses the list because my father has an issue and the web hosting company had to setup and register the mail server.

We would be using the email you gave us during the check out process. I received your email directly saying the same thing and I will be responding more there as I don't think you would want your email information plastered all over the forum :)

MiniFireDragon
07-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Well, I post it here as well because I haven't seen an email from you since yesterday (thursday) morning and the issue still has not been resolved. Since I am not recieving responses, I don't know if my emails are making it. Comcast is a flakey company when it comes to it's internet services.

I am more interested in what mail address you are sending it from (as the invoice didn't come from kurv studios) so I can see if they have been black listed by comcast.

kurv
07-24-2009, 07:01 PM
I second that, ordered yesterday, panicked when I read this thread, but am downloading now, and very happy with Kurv's prompt service!

Thanks!!

Well, I post it here as well because I haven't seen an email from you since yesterday (thursday) morning and the issue still has not been resolved. Since I am not recieving responses, I don't know if my emails are making it. Comcast is a flakey company when it comes to it's internet services.

I am more interested in what mail address you are sending it from (as the invoice didn't come from kurv studios) so I can see if they have been black listed by comcast.

The invoices and downloads do come from us, they come from sales1 [at] kurvstudios -dot- com. Let me know what you want me to do. We DID resend your download yesterday.

MiniFireDragon
07-25-2009, 01:33 AM
Wes: Have you sent any other emails to me since Thursday 11:53am? I just want to see if I am getting any more emails at all? If possible, can you put the link in the ongoing email that was started with contact us as I seem to be atleast getting that email.

MiniFireDragon
07-25-2009, 01:38 AM
Wes: Also try to resend the email. I turned on then turned back off comcasts spam filter. I am hoping that does something

kurv
07-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Yes I have emailed you the re-download three times now to two different email addresses. I have also responded to your direct emails and contact us emails....

shrug.... I have never heard of anyone having this much trouble with email before.

Do you have another address we can email to?

Phil
07-25-2009, 10:42 AM
It might be easier to simply set up a free webmail account just for this purpose and have Wes email the details to that one *shrug* Take your pick of GMail, Hotmail or Yahoo. You also won't have to fight ISP spam filter nonsense.

MiniFireDragon
07-25-2009, 11:01 AM
It might be easier to simply set up a free webmail account just for this purpose and have Wes email the details to that one *shrug* Take your pick of GMail, Hotmail or Yahoo. You also won't have to fight ISP spam filter nonsense.

I have 5 of them, though I never really used them and some are turned off because of it.

Wes: Anyway, I GOT IT!!! The 2nd one worked. Comcast is and always has been screwy in what the choice to filter and what they choose not too. It shown up in my mailbox sometime this morning. So I did everything in the readme file and sent back to both the noted email and the main kurv email.

Thanks!

kurv
07-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Okie Dokie.... :D

runs to look at the email server....

Greenlaw
07-25-2009, 02:15 PM
John, update sent out :)

Hi Wes,

I had requested the VerdureArea update as well. Thanks in advance.

Greenlaw

kurv
07-25-2009, 02:21 PM
I sent one to you as well sir... I remember seeing your address. Please check your spam filters and get back to me offline please if you did not receive it so I can simply reply to your email with it to be sure you get it correctly.

Greenlaw
07-25-2009, 02:51 PM
Thanks Wes. Continuing offline... :)

Greenlaw

Greenlaw
07-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Got it. Thanks Wes!

Greenlaw

MiniFireDragon
07-26-2009, 09:14 PM
mmmm.... got it installed, now to see how long it takes to get my key **rubs paws together**