PDA

View Full Version : Canon EF Zoom Lens

Aquilon
07-21-2009, 05:38 AM
Hi, here is the final render of my Canon EF 17-40mm 1:4 USM Zoom Lens. I'm still not totally happy with the magnesium texturing of the body, but I got bored fine tuning it. So here it is ...

Hope you like it.

3DGFXStudios
07-21-2009, 06:08 AM
Nice models!!!! Shading/Rendering needs some work.

Andyjaggy
07-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Great models, now put it in a scene with some cool product lighting. the plain white look is nice but a bit boring. :)

Aquilon
07-22-2009, 01:55 PM
Nice models!!!! Shading/Rendering needs some work.

Hi, thanks for your comment. But can you be a bit more specific on what I can improve to the shading/rendering. I'm going nuts now on the magnesium texturing, so I might oversee something else :-)

Great models, now put it in a scene with some cool product lighting. the plain white look is nice but a bit boring. :)

Hi, you too thanks for the comment. When I have some spare time I'm thinking of modeling the soft pouch, the lens hood and a CF card to make a new scene with all combined objects, and a nice background. But it'll take some weeks before I start this (currently working on another project).

3DGFXStudios
07-22-2009, 03:33 PM
I think your specular settings are just a little of. And the lighting is a bit boring. Maybe it will look better if you but a reflection map in your scene or give the lights a little tint. A little bit DOF boosts the quality too.

now this is some little thing. But some edges of your model look a bit SubD. (to blobby and round) especially the lens cover. If you'll add an edge loop it will be fixed.

But it's not a bad render :D