PDA

View Full Version : Mac Bluetooth Keyboard Delete issue in LW...don't bang your head like I did

FutureTomorrow
07-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Hi All,

Just thought I'd post this so it's noted in the forums. I recently purchased a MAC Bluetooth keyboard and just recently installed LW for MAC on a new machine. . I couldn't get my Delete key to work for the life of me in LW today. Contacted a fellow Lightwaver who usually has answers to all my small and silly LW issues or questions and he couldn't figure it out.

We ran through countless steps and nada...then as we were parting ways I somehow got the idea to plug-in my Mac extended keyboard that came with my MAC. Voila, it worked! So the Delete key on the MAC Bluetooth keyboard is useless in LW...shame. :)

That's all.

archijam
07-20-2009, 11:52 PM
And while we are on it, 'fn + backspace' is delete on a MacBookPro (as I informed yet another coworker last week) ..

Manji312
07-30-2009, 12:01 PM
as with the macbook fn+delete will delete things in lightwave on a bluetooth keyboard. I use one and it works.

eblu
07-30-2009, 03:37 PM
why can't you just re-map the delete key on the bluetooth keyboard in LW?

eblu
07-31-2009, 08:13 AM
a little 'research' told me this:

The 'Use Macintosh Keys' option in the 'Special' menu in LightWave's Mac menubar remaps the backspace and delete keys, among other things. So if you want to use backspace instead of fn+backspace to mean, 'delete', that's another way.

so ummm... try that, instead of throwing away a perfectly good keyboard!

Manji312
08-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Forgot about that the special menu one. Learn something everyday on these forums. Works like a charm.

eblu
08-02-2009, 09:13 PM
I actually learned it myself, suddenly and surprisingly. it was as if the documentation itself came a live and told me what to do. in fact, I cannot in good conscience take credit for that tip. ;)