PDA

View Full Version : [ Quick Question About Rendering ]

Fictive-Studios
07-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Hi
Hello everyone ... how are you doing ?

============

I have two questions and they are very simple

1- is it possible to render an AVI file in LW ?
2- how can i render a small video file with low quality ?
just for a quick preview for my scene

i tried to go in render global ..... then output tab .. and for the animation saving i choose quick time and made the quality the LEAST
but it appears that my movie takes 2 Hours to render with the best quality ... and also TWO hours to render with the least quality :P

any help ?

shrox
07-18-2009, 05:05 PM
LW renders one frame at a time. Whatever output you choose, the render time is the same. That is why it is best to render sequential images, then use something else (or LW) to put them together in an AVI or QT movie.

If your render crashes making an AVI, guess what? You have to start all over again. Render to sequential images, you can pick you where it crashed.

Study up a bit.

If you call yourself a 'studio', you should have all this down by now.

Fictive-Studios
07-18-2009, 05:11 PM
i now most of what u said :)
i didnt say i don't know if it crashes or not
i didnt say can i render as images then use another application to bind them
i know all of this and i rendered so many images before and gather them in after effects

:)

my question was clear dear friend
cause in 3d max u can render in avi and i was asking if i can do that
also in 3d max i can render a small low quality that takes few mintues to finish
:)

thanx for reply anyway

shrox
07-18-2009, 05:15 PM
I didn't mean any offence.

In other words, LW renders out the frames one at a time, then makes the AVI. So it will still take the same amount of time no matter what compression setting you have for the AVI.

And do check the manual, if you don't have the book, it is on the one of the disks as a PDF and it is searchable.

Sometimes a joking manner doesn't translate well in words.

shrox
07-18-2009, 05:20 PM
I definitely agree with Shrox - rendering to images is the best.

But if you just want to see where things are going relatively quickly without realistic textures, etc., you can use the Make Preview option. At the bottom right of Layout you can select which Make Preview settings you like and can save the preview as an AVI or whatever. Also, to decrease the time it takes to create the preview, you can shrink the Layout window manually and then make the preview. The Make Preview essentially renders what you see in the Layout window - whether you have the window on Perspective, Camera, or any other view.

Good Luck!

Yes, if you just want to see your motions, that works well. It even has a motion blur and DOF option now.

Fictive-Studios
07-18-2009, 05:20 PM
shrox
to be fair i'm sorry man .. thanx for explaining ... guess i'll download the manual cause i don't have it ... :) now i see ur point . .. thanks again

Megalodon ... thanx for the info ... i guess this is what i want
i knew about the make preview but i didn't know about saving it ..
thanx guys !

shrox
07-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Occasionally someone will come on and literally say "I just got a pirate copy of Lightwave, tell me how it works." I guess we get alittle suspicious of questions that have answers in the manual. But overall this a great forum.

Fictive-Studios
07-18-2009, 05:37 PM
:P naaa.. i have an original copy ..
i lost the printed manual ..
the PDF manual is included in the cd .. but i don't really know where did i put it ..
:D

shrox
07-18-2009, 05:40 PM
:P naaa.. i have an original copy ..
i lost the printed manual ..
the PDF manual is included in the cd .. but i don't really know where did i put it ..
:D

Lost the printed manual!!! I keep mine under my pillow.

Fictive-Studios
07-18-2009, 05:44 PM
:p i wanted to frame mine
but i moved to a new apartmet couple weeks ago
so everything is kind a mess now ... lost most of the stuff while movin
dont ask how :S

UnCommonGrafx
07-18-2009, 06:53 PM
The manual is always available in your download area.