PDA

View Full Version : Android Andy

Ideas Unlimited
07-18-2009, 07:38 AM
This my completed model of my latest Robot/Android Iíve not spent too much time on the final render as Iíve so many other ideas for my next model my head hurts :help:. You can follow the WIP for this model at the link below... many thanks to those that followed the long WIP :)

*** Work In Progress Link *** (http://www.lightwave3dmodels.com/Work%20In%20Progress.htm)

UnCommonGrafx
07-18-2009, 07:45 AM
Nice. The first image, the pose is odd. Like a starship captain without a ship or stars...
The second image conveys thoughtfulness well. The modelling is tops.

badpineapple
07-27-2009, 08:27 PM
I was watching your progress on WIP. Your modeling is stellar, and the compositing is great. I agree with UnCommonGrafx. ďAndy is wearing the spring line from Automaton and Fitch. A more modest look for todayís thinking android.Ē Surfacing ROCKS. Is that a spherical reflection map, or did you place a textured object in the scene for ray-tracing?

Ideas Unlimited
07-28-2009, 11:21 AM
I was watching your progress on WIP. Your modeling is stellar, and the compositing is great. I agree with UnCommonGrafx. ďAndy is wearing the spring line from Automaton and Fitch. A more modest look for todayís thinking android.Ē Surfacing ROCKS. Is that a spherical reflection map, or did you place a textured object in the scene for ray-tracing?

There are no other objects in the scene, the background image is set to the one you see in the render and I also have an HDR image as a spherical refection map using the 'Image World' plug-in :thumbsup:

PS. I also played with the background image in Photoshop to blur the trees etc but left the grass near his feet in full focus.