PDA

View Full Version : I can't save in any usable format...

KichiMiangra
07-17-2009, 02:08 AM
this is going to sound like a major noob question but I am said noob. I can't figure out how to export my simple moving 3d logo into a file format that I can actually use with anything else. I managed to save a preview as an AVI but it's apparently missing a codec or something and I can't even view it. I'd like to save it as a usable AVI or even a .fla or a .swf. Any help with my problem would be most appreciated.

Otterman
07-17-2009, 02:42 AM
Oo crikey-any1 on this forum will recommend you save out as image sequence png's or targa then stitch em together using quicktime pro or after effects....not only will your export options become more robust but if your machine falls over part way through render you only have to pick up from the last frame aposed to the hole mov.

Id recommend quicktime pro-its only a few dollars and its soooo easy to use

KichiMiangra
07-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Oo crikey-any1 on this forum will recommend you save out as image sequence png's or targa then stitch em together using quicktime pro or after effects....not only will your export options become more robust but if your machine falls over part way through render you only have to pick up from the last frame aposed to the hole mov.

Id recommend quicktime pro-its only a few dollars and its soooo easy to use

Yes, I would have no problem stringing it together, but here's the noob part: I can't find an option that lets me save it as a an image sequence. that's the part I really need help with.

RollerJesus
07-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Yes, I would have no problem stringing it together, but here's the noob part: I can't find an option that lets me save it as a an image sequence. that's the part I really need help with.

Render tab, Render Globals, Output tab, Check 'Save RGB', choose a format and a name. F10 to render.

awesomeness ensues!

`Patrick

shrox
07-17-2009, 02:13 PM
There is always the manual...

RollerJesus
07-17-2009, 02:36 PM
There is always the manual...

manuals are for prima donnas... :D

shrox
07-17-2009, 02:53 PM
manuals are for prima donnas... :D

The worst part for this prima donna is that I never had learned to read!!!

digefxgrp
07-19-2009, 06:46 PM
The worst part for this prima donna is that I never had learned to read!!! Then how do you know what you're typing? :D

borkus
07-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Eddie Izzard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYeEdDVKA_o&feature=channel_page)

"I don't have techno fear... I have TECHNO JOY!!!"...

"I take the instructions and THROW THEM OUT THE WINDOW!!! I must know how to use this... I've used (applications) before..."

borkus
07-21-2009, 07:20 PM
"I can access printer... Why the f&*k can't you access printer?!?". That video made tears run down my eyes...

Riff_Masteroff
07-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Thats why we need an all icon interface: many users are not able to read the command labels

shrox
07-21-2009, 09:25 PM
He doesn't. He "just talks and it types." Simple.

No, I have a border collie that takes my ramblings then tidys them up into coherent speech.

shrox
07-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Cool! Does that come in cat too?

Nope, just border collie, the smartest dogs in the world. Jack Russel terriers don't have a long enough attention span, and generally can't reach the keyboard.

danielkaiser
07-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Thats why we need an all icon interface: many users are not able to read the command labels

We do, it's called 3d Studio Max.:D

KichiMiangra
07-24-2009, 05:59 PM
great, now I have a new problem. my computer crashed and now no textures seem to be working. I tried making new ones, but that's not working either. Any guess as to what's wrong now?

dwburman
07-25-2009, 10:40 AM
In Lightwave, the texture/surface info is saved with the object and not the scene file. If you make surface changes in Layout make sure you save the objects.