PDA

View Full Version : problem, generate particles per second...

erikals
07-16-2009, 05:47 PM
hmm,

i have problems trying to generate particles per second...
they just shoot out in a random fashion...

does anyone know if it is possible to make them "systematically arrayed" ?

Dodgy
07-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Use an envelope and set the emitter to per frame. Using the envelope you can precisely control how many particles are emitted every frame.

erikals
07-16-2009, 08:53 PM
hm, strange what i tried didn't work,..

though what you say sounds like a good way to go about it, thanks again http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/smilies/smile.gif

hmm,... that envelope trick actually gave me a good idea, working on some lasers over here... http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/smilies/wink.gif

erikals
07-16-2009, 11:20 PM
nah, still getting these random points,... puzzles me...

prometheus
07-18-2009, 03:58 PM
hmm not sure how you set this up..can you post particle scene only.

you might want to make sure to check fixed random in the particle tab.

you might want to play with the settings in the etc tab..and test different values on loop frame..a value of zero will give random motion, if you set it to 1 it seems to give a more fixed particle line flow...any value above 1 will start to spread the particles more randomly again.

if you have the loop frame to 1 you could also increase birth rate per second to give more arrays of particles shooting out in lines...this is if you have the emitter size in certain size that is.

also you could just set the emitter size values to zero on all axis that should
avoid random motion behaviour I think and then use several emitters instead.

you could also try using geometry for emitters ...and try object line as nozzle.

Michael

prometheus
07-18-2009, 04:10 PM
oops I missed that you did post the scene..
ill check it out..

Michael

prometheus
07-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Nevermind...uhh, it was a mov clip.

4dartist
07-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Heya, I got an emitter to do it. See the scene in the link. Just open the graph editor and drag around the 2nd and 3rd key to change the speed.

Hope that works.

Ben

Mr Rid
07-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Reminds me, I vaguely recall seeing someone set up a little controlled tracer fire thing by setting the Generate By to Collision Event, and then keyframed a little unseen card or something to tap the emitter on the frames they wanted a particle to emit.

erikals
07-22-2009, 02:53 AM
sorry, forgot to reply,... <:l

your method is the way to go Ben,... thanks a bunch... :)
i must have overlooked a setting somewhere...

heh, sounds like the way Mr. Rid :)

toby
07-23-2009, 03:13 AM
Set 'Generate by' to Frame and set 'Key Effect' to Key, then put a keyframe anywhere in time you want particle birth, or just bake the whole timeline if you want x amount of particles per frame.

erikals
05-10-2010, 04:20 PM
again, thanks for the file,
just uploading an on/off effect by using a collision object set to "erase"