PDA

View Full Version : Maya paint effects and fluid effects

RogueFX
07-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Have you guys ever looked at maya paint effects and fluid effects in maya? I would love to see something like it in lightwave. I've been playing with an educational version of maya and my god, I am amazed. I have been a devoted user of lightwave for years but lately I find lightwave lacking in things like voxels, such as making realistic fire in lightwave is just so hard. Maya fluid effects just makes fire possibilities endless.

Thing I love about paint effects too is you can sculpt entire terrains with this tool and paint in trees and grass, whatever. Also its great when UV'ing textures. You can paint out seams in UV textures right on your models by just painting using a clone brush on the model where you see the seam then just export the new texture and now you have a seamless UV texture to further edit or just keep as is. Great for Organic models, no more seam to worry about, fast and easy to.

I wont be switch to maya cuz the price is just to high for me over $7,000 ouch. Thats one thing I love most about lightwave, you get so much for a incredible price. However if even a few of those features made it into lightwave man I think it would really bring new life to lightwave.

This is the first time I have ever done a feature request so forgive me if I did this wrong.

prometheus
07-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Have you guys ever looked at maya paint effects and fluid effects in maya? I would love to see something like it in lightwave. I've been playing with an educational version of maya and my god, I am amazed. I have been a devoted user of lightwave for years but lately I find lightwave lacking in things like voxels, such as making realistic fire in lightwave is just so hard. Maya fluid effects just makes fire possibilities endless.

Thing I love about paint effects too is you can sculpt entire terrains with this tool and paint in trees and grass, whatever. Also its great when UV'ing textures. You can paint out seams in UV textures right on your models by just painting using a clone brush on the model where you see the seam then just export the new texture and now you have a seamless UV texture to further edit or just keep as is. Great for Organic models, no more seam to worry about, fast and easy to.

I wont be switch to maya cuz the price is just to high for me over $7,000 ouch. Thats one thing I love most about lightwave, you get so much for a incredible price. However if even a few of those features made it into lightwave man I think it would really bring new life to lightwave.

This is the first time I have ever done a feature request so forgive me if I did this wrong.

Nothing wrong with wishes like that, and several people surely have been wishing that for lightwave ages ago, donīt think anything like that is on the newteks minds right now thou and for quite sometime Im afraid.
Maybe some third party developer comes along.

the only fire and smoke fluids plugin available for lightwave( cantarcanīs dynamite) seems to have gone
gone.

Tim (aurora) Dunn might be up to something with oto_taca, but at an early stage I believe..I think heīs waiting for the core sdk to be finished, before getting to it.

Michael

erikals
07-20-2009, 12:47 AM
hm, page is there, no info though... http://www.cantarcan.com/

prometheus
07-20-2009, 08:14 AM
hm, page is there, no info though... http://www.cantarcan.com/

Well yeah..a little strange, just a blank page, and strange no one seems
to have heard anything about it, I gave up on it when I didnīt receive any
feedback and never could see any information, but I wonder if someone has managed to get any mail or information on whats happening?

Michael