PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Star Wars collaboration project

adamredwoods
07-13-2009, 03:28 PM
http://www.starwarsuncut.com/

472 different scenes done by 472 different groups.
I'm hoping Jar Jar makes a cameo...

CC Rider
07-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Brilliant idea for use of the internet I say!!

cresshead
07-13-2009, 04:17 PM
excellent idea!

dbigers
07-13-2009, 04:53 PM
This could go either way. On one hand I agree it is a great use of the internet. On the other, there are bound to be some really crappy uploads by some people. That could be interesting or very funny at the same time.

Another thing is, how long until it is shut down? They are hosting clips of the original source for reference. What are the ramifications of that, legally?

Don't get me wrong. I am not a videographer, so most anything that would be uploaded is better than I can do.

Another potential problem is that we all know these scenes by heart. It is going to be difficult even with the best of acting and cinematography to not have some people criticize this to death.

Hopefully this stays up because I am interested to see the results people are able to achieve. As I said, I am not a cinematographer/director/any of the above. So, hats off to those who are giving it a go. Which appears to be many, because all the scenes have been claimed.

pming
07-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Hiya

Seems interesting...I just hope the animation is at least as good as this one of Darth Maul:

http://www.jackals-forge.com/abominate/abom16.html

Awesomeness!

;)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

pooby
07-14-2009, 03:51 AM
Looks like an IKboost sighting!!

RebelHill
07-14-2009, 04:36 AM
Ahh... the galerie abominate.... Oh how Ive chuckled over the years... these are not the ambient lights ur looking for. Pure comedy.

Nangleator
07-14-2009, 07:53 AM
"Good... More cardboard tubes. Pile them over there."

I think I cracked ribs the first time I found that site.

AdamAvenali
07-14-2009, 08:24 AM
what is going to be really interesting is seeing the differences in approach. i mean if you go to the 'finished' section where three videos are already posted you can already see that one is some guy in his small apartment, but another is stop motion.

Nangleator
07-14-2009, 08:33 AM
The different approaches, the different skill levels will be the only interesting thing about this project, and the choice of a shot-by-shot reproduction of such a known classic is the only way to go.

shrox
07-14-2009, 09:35 AM
I for one am really tired of Star Wars stuff, can't they use their talents for something original?