PDA

View Full Version : Hypervoxel Training Presented LIVE - July 15th - $6.95

kurv
07-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM CST $6.95

Larry has done a lot of training over the years but we have never seen him do anything on Snow or Fog. So, we thought, why not!

In this class Larry will take some tips, tricks and what ever else he has up those sleeves to show you how he created some snow visual effects for Television channels like Discovery and Animal Planet.

Using HVs on Particles and Geometry
Blending HV surfaces with Standard Surfaces Nodal DPKit (Denis Pontonniers Nodes)
HV Blending Modes
Larry will demonstrate how to create falling snow
Larry will demonstrate how to create cold breath
Larry will demonstrate how to create tracks in snow

As with all of our classes we will have a dedicated Q&A session. This class will be presented on Wednesday (July 15th) at 4pm CST.

Bonus Get $10.00 Back:
Class registration will be $6.95, but all attendees will receive a coupon for $10.00 off the retail DVD when it is available in August.

To register please click on the following link - Register Here, Seats are Limited (https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/904293795).

About the Artist:
Larry Shultz - has been involved with computer graphics since the mid-1980s. He began using LightWave 3D in its early days for TV commercials and other projects at a CGI company he co-founded during the early 90s called The Animation Factory in Albuquerque.

Since those days Larry has worked for such companies as American Laser Games, Sony Development, Discovery Channel, Netter Digital, Foundation Imaging, Amalgamated Pixels, and Squarehouse Entertainment, as well as working on a freelance basis for many other companies. Larry is very experienced in almost every aspect of LightWave, working as lead artist, technical director, and in many other positions on a variety of projects.

He brings all that experience to these videos. Larry is also heavily involved with LightWave training. He has taught seminars all over the United States and several schools including Newtek Inc., Albuquerque Technical Vocational Institute, Video Symphony, Foundation Institute, and 3D Exchange. Larry is known the world over for his training and vast knowledge of LightWave 3D. Since then Larry has contributed to the LightWave 3D [8] content CD and is a published artists on the LightWave 3D [8]: 1001 Tips and Tricks book by Wordware Publishing.

Instructions:
Webinar registration instructions and coupon codes will be provided as a download when you purchase this product.

borkus
07-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Nice. I'll try to be there.

Cohen
07-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Any chance of reviewing the HV Deformer? I ask because its the most "hazy" area. I've done some neat things in regards to viscous | fluidly effects, but can't predict anything at all. So it would be nice to understand how that works.

SplineGod
07-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Ive tried using HVDeformer but IMO its a horrible hack. Basically all it does is allow HVs to deform perpendicular to a surface so if you have enough of them they appear to assume the shape of the surface theyre up against. Its very difficult to use IMO and its also incredibly slow....slow enough where Id never use it even if it was easy to use.
On top of that we just havent seem much interest at all on that topic.

Mr Rid
07-11-2009, 10:38 PM
HV deform is a joke. I saw someone get it to work for a still render only of sweat on a soda can. But I can not imagine it working for practical animation.