PDA

View Full Version : Rome Apartments

Exception
07-09-2009, 05:10 AM
Continuation of an old project, decided to pull it out of the dust and do some re-renders. These are definately not the best I ever did (especially the corner one), but I like them so far, despite their issues.

I posted the interiors before, but to complete the set I added them here.

Hope you like.

jameswillmott
07-09-2009, 05:23 AM
The design of the external hurts my brain... so why do I actually like it?

Great job all round!

archijam
07-09-2009, 05:27 AM
Tom! :)

Nice as ever, the DOF is a question of taste.

I remember when you presented this in the auditorium at TU Delft, using a realtime engine and baked textures .. then to save time to get downstairs you jumped down the stairwell, and everyone in the audience lurched .. classic!

ps. I ordered the system you found .. I can pick it up tomorrow! Cheers!

Exception
07-09-2009, 05:53 AM
Ha, yes James, that was a good moment. The real time stuff worked well for presentation pruposes. Can you imagine that was calculated with Lightscape? In 2005, mind you. To this day there still isn't a good solution for real time 3D presentations.

Other james: You're not the only one who thinks that. People have called it all kinds of names. But as time goes by I like it more and more, and have been strangely attracted to it since the start. It took several dozen design iterations before this facade design emerged, and no matter how it was changed, i didn't get it to look as oddly fascinating as this.

It's completely inundated with symbolism though. There's reason to this maddness. :)

Larry_g1s
07-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Very nice work Tom. Man...I'm almost done with the Robie house, and I'm really looking forward to handing the model off so you can get going on your lighting training, you've really proven you know your stuff (images are point in case). I like the DOF on that 3rd shot. :thumbsup:

Exception
07-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Aaand... another one. This one's of the library.

fusion2007
08-10-2009, 02:41 AM
Great work! I love these designs