PDA

View Full Version : Import .xsi files.

Mr.Bloodworth
07-07-2009, 08:05 AM
Anyone know of a plug in for this?

It seems the maker of point oven created one, but it is no longer available. However i have tried point oven, but it does not import .xsi, only exports.

Solutions?

archijam
07-07-2009, 08:39 AM
20 bucks -> Accutrans3D -> LWO2 -> LW ?

Mr.Bloodworth
07-07-2009, 09:11 AM
Not sure what you are trying to tell me there. But the less programs I have to drag the data through, the better.

MicroMouse
07-07-2009, 10:42 AM
AccuTrans does NOT import XSI files as I haven't had time to do that.

Wayne

Mr.Bloodworth
07-07-2009, 11:00 AM

Wayne

Yes, I had noticed this when I looked at the programs page.

A simple plug in is what i am looking for.

archijam
07-07-2009, 03:18 PM

Oops, my bad Wayne.

Saw it on the list earlier today (when looking for DTED, actually, any ideas?) and did not notice that it saves only.

Does anyone know if ModTool opens and exports .xsi as some other useful format?

MicroMouse
07-07-2009, 09:08 PM
I can't think of a DTED solution at the moment.

Wayne

MicroMouse
07-07-2009, 09:18 PM
After a few moments have passed.

Use MicroDEM to read the DTED file and then save as a MicroDEM dem for import into AccuTrans.

Wayne

archijam
07-08-2009, 12:26 AM
*chi-ching*

Thank you Wayne!

Mr.Bloodworth
07-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Maybe something got lost here (That, or I am just not sure i know what you are talking about with DTED), I need a plugin to import and export (Mesh, materials, animations) .XSI files by Softimage (http://www.softimage.com/).

pooby
07-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Its impossible for LW to import a .xsi file - with a plugin or not

In order to read a .xsi file, LW would have to have the inner workings of xsi within it in order to make sense of it.
A .xsi might contain a cloth sim, or xsi's IK or anything and everything else that LW couldn't handle.

Things that can be brought across via point oven are .lwo files (with surface clusters weight and uv maps but not shading info), .mdd files and .mot files. (so basically you can export the scene from xsi and read it in LW in formats that LW understands)

That is as good as you'll get. (and its not bad. Its what I use all the time)

Mr.Bloodworth
07-23-2009, 07:40 AM
Its impossible for LW to import a .xsi file - with a plugin or not

In order to read a .xsi file, LW would have to have the inner workings of xsi within it in order to make sense of it.
A .xsi might contain a cloth sim, or xsi's IK or anything and everything else that LW couldn't handle.

Things that can be brought across via point oven are .lwo files (with surface clusters weight and uv maps but not shading info), .mdd files and .mot files. (so basically you can export the scene from xsi and read it in LW in formats that LW understands)

That is as good as you'll get. (and its not bad. Its what I use all the time)

Yes, but like with most I/O plug ins, they are usually based off of the development kit provided by the package creators. The main problem that i should have specified, is i am working with .xsi files, i do not have XSI, or the original files. only a sack full of DotXSI files. Exporting them from XSI to something else was not possible.

Anyway, I found a program that does what I need, however, I now have to debate the price with myself.

http://www.okino.com/default.htm

I just hate dragging data across so many programs. (as in, more than one, heh)