PDA

View Full Version : OT - Any MySQL gurus here? Need to import data.

Tom Wood
07-06-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm trying to set up a couple of trial forum sites using vBulletin on one and IP Board on another. I need to import a big source of data into one of the tables for the forum software that will add a lot of subforums at once, rather than create them one at a time.

Can anyone point me at a tutorial site that might shed some light on how to do this?

Also, the data I have to import is either comma delimited or XLS spreadsheet. I have access to phpMyAdmin, but I don't think it can import those files, right? I can get Navicat if necessary.

Thanks,

TW

warmiak
07-06-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm trying to set up a couple of trial forum sites using vBulletin on one and IP Board on another. I need to import a big source of data into one of the tables for the forum software that will add a lot of subforums at once, rather than create them one at a time.

Can anyone point me at a tutorial site that might shed some light on how to do this?

Also, the data I have to import is either comma delimited or XLS spreadsheet. I have access to phpMyAdmin, but I don't think it can import those files, right? I can get Navicat if necessary.

Thanks,

TW

Try this:
http://computeraxe.com/how-to-import-data-file-mysql-phpmyadmin/