PDA

View Full Version : Proton

Albertdup
07-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Hi all

I'm curios as to how one would go about creating an animation like this one in Lightwave. It was created in After Effects. I presume one would use partical effects ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QATa1evuSec&feature=related

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

robert_Lavigne
07-06-2009, 12:50 PM
There are a few ways you could do it. If you want to go with particles just make some donuts in modeler in the right setup for the electron orbits. Jitter the points around to break up the uniformity of it. If you need to, copy, paste and jitter the points again to get the number of points you need. Send the rings into layout, Turn on hypervoxels for them, texture them with some luminosity, to get them glowing(You'll need to render with radiosity on). Then get them spinning. To get a more random speed of rotation it might be worth trying to set up some wind in a path to drive the voxels.

I'm no expert with particles but I'm sure some one else can go into more detail on this. Hopefully thats enough to get you started.

Albertdup
07-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Thanks, its been a while since I did some work with Lightwave, will give it a go.

realgray
07-07-2009, 03:28 PM
You could crank something like that out pretty quick with trapcode particular as well. Sometimes I'll composite lightwave particles with particular to get lots of variation. The center part you could use trapcode form and do the spheres in lightwave. Hope this helps.