Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Flickr Watch us on YouTube
Register

Creating A Home Made Live Set for the Tricaster Pro

Hi Everyone

I'd like to add my Live Set to the other standard ones which which the Tricaster Pro comes. I need some info as to 1st of all..is this possible? 2ndly: where (location) to place it ..or how to install it? and 3rdly what format will theTricaster require for this/these file/s?

Would appreciate any feedback....thanks

Mark Sansone

Hi Mark

Yes, it is possible to create your own LiveSets.

The LiveSets are in a NewTek proprietary format, that is created by whichever LiveSet construction tool is used. What images or objects you use with that tool to create the set depend on which tool you are using.

Installation of the LiveSets, once they are created is simply a matter of copying the LiveSet files into the LiveSet directory on the Tricaster's hard drive.

There are four tools available for creating LiveSets.

1 - LiveSet Constructor - This is downloadable from the support section at NewTek.com. It is a stand-alone Windows program that allows you to compile LiveSets that consist of still images in front of and or behind the input video signal. LiveSets created with this program can not re-shape or resize the video.

2 - LiveSet plugin for Aura - This is downloadable from the support section at NewTek.com. It is a plugin for Aura or Mirage (though I understand from Jose Burgos that it works better with Aura.) This plugin allows you to create LiveSets with multiple layers of still images in front of and behind the source video. It can scale and warp the source video, and create simulated shadows and reflections. In addition to including the source video, it can also include the DSK, EFX and Preview buses as video sources.

3 - The LiveSet plugin for Lightwave (also available for Download from NewTek) works with LightWave version 9.3.1 or higher. It allows the source video and or the EFX video source to be used in the LiveSet, and they can be scaled or warped. Being in lightwave, it can render 3D objects to build the set. It can include true reflections and refractions (Joseburgos has also worked a method for rendering reflection layers in LightWave and compositing them in Aura to get the best of both) of the video layers.

4 - The Character Generator in VT[5] can also create limited LiveSets that overlay graphics or text on top of the video source, but do not scale or warp the video.
    Toasting with NewTek since 1991 - Corinthian Media Services - CMS Wipes DVEs - LiveSets
    Educating with iPads, part of the AppTutor development team.

Creating Live Sets on The Mac

What are my options for creating Live Sets on the Mac?

I have a Tricaster Studio and Use Lightwave on the Mac.
    I have a dual 2.66 GHZ Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 6 GB of RAM

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    The plug-in is only for Windows so you could model and design the set in OSX but you would have to use Boot Camp to run the LiveSet plug-in and create the LiveSet.
    Lucky thing is, you can install LW in OSX and Windows on the same machine and the same dongle to work with.

Take care,
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Not sure but it may work in Paralles. I know LW does work in it but don't know abou the LiveSet plug-in.
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Mac Lightwave Virtual Set

Do I need the plug in at all? What if I design a set, save views to .tga from 3-4 different camera angles and then use Liveset Constructor on the Tricaster Studio to reformat the pictures to Liveset.

What am I missing here?

DrVideo

No 2nd source to fill a set video monitor for example, no ability to scale the video input and a few other things like real time reflections, etc. You do get a foreground and background with the live input in the middle, which may be more than enough for your needs.
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster