Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Flickr Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Help Blender Exporting lwo sequence to Lightwave

HI

i'm trying to export lwo fluid sequence from Blender to Lightwave, I can't find a solution, because they say I have to write a script for that.

Can anyone help me please??

I don't know nothing about scripts.

look up .mdd exporter for blender. it exists.

for fluid, you might have to use a non-native lw format like exporting a bunch of .objs... find a tut on how to export liquid to ANY app and it will probably work for lw.

jin

take a read through this thread:

Spinquad Blender Thread

lots of good discussion and tool development, which increase in version numbers as the thread progresses.
    We are pirates, we are artists...

Blog

The MDD exporter in Blender works great but unfortunately is no use in this situation.

You have to export as an obj sequence (wavefront) using a script (the lwo object sequence export script doesn't work or hasn't been finished properly), which is available at the above link that MooseDog has posted, some of these work better than others, I use a python one which is faultless and can post it here if you wish (tho' don't know who wrote it or who to give credit).

When you have this object sequence in the obj. format you can actually import it straight into Lightwave layout and see the animation though it stays in the default obj surface. The best way is to render out a quick image sequence with quick render settings as to scrub the timeline is slow and it MAY only update properly if you do an f9.

If you want to change obj. format to lwo import between 10 to 40 obj. objects at a time (multiple select) depending on your ram and the obj. resolution/mgs. These can be surfaced and changed to lwo en mass by means of the Surface Editor and Save/save all objects.

Question

Thank you to everyone for your responses, I know I have to change a wavefront script and I have the code, the problem is I don't know witch part of all code I have to change.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Glendalough View Post
    You have to export as an obj sequence (wavefront) using a script (the lwo object sequence export script doesn't work or hasn't been finished properly)
    This Export Sequence to LWO Blender script works. You must have Python installed with Blender. See the SpinQuad thread though for a lot more info.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by evolross; 06-10-2008 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evolross View Post
    This Export Sequence to LWO Blender script works. You must have Python installed with Blender. See the SpinQuad thread though for a lot more info.
    This looks good! Will try as soon as possible.

-Is this yours? Any chance of a LW script to change the surfaces of an object sequence. Can't get the RealFlow one to work.

Blender-Lightwave Fluid Simulation threads:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73375

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79014

Quote Originally Posted by Glendalough View Post
    -Is this yours? Any chance of a LW script to change the surfaces of an object sequence. Can't get the RealFlow one to work.
    It's not mine, I got it off the SpinQuad Blender Fluids to Lightwave Workflow thread.

Yeah I have been trying to work with fluids from Blender here recently and I went all through the SpinQuad thread. The longest poll in the tent is surfacing the object sequence once you're in Lightwave. There's an executable tool that does it, but it's very cumbersome. There was an LS script but it doesn't work in 9.3.1. Someone I think is trying to fix it.

Hi all, here is a test with with blender fluids using this script. The script works ok with blender 2.44 and 2.45. I don't test yet with the new 2.46.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthr...=blender+fluid

The scene and the images are in the beta forum because I used for the test some new lights.

The longest poll in the tent is surfacing the object sequence once you're in Lightwave. There's an executable tool that does it, but it's very cumbersome. There was an LS script but it doesn't work in 9.3.1. Someone I think is trying to fix it.
    why not just use legacy projections? no uvs. just procedural 3d textures and/or gradients if any at all... then you can grab all of them in modeler and just apply the single texture to everything.

jin

There was an LS script but it doesn't work in 9.3.1. Someone I think is trying to fix it.
    I fixed this, posted on the spinquad thread.
    VueScripts.com

Quote Originally Posted by LightFreeze View Post
    I fixed this, posted on the spinquad thread.
    The LW sequence exporter (posted here by evolross) does indeed seem to work fine, at least in one test.

The LS script am not having any luck with. Is this a duel purpose script? Have posted an image of the interface, presume you ignore the first part if you are just changing the surface. You write the updated surfaces by changing the first in sequence? "Play at exact rate...." This is not clear what one is meant to do. Any hints on how this works?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	59743  

Replace Object - object in scene which is the sequence target
    Sequence File - any file which is part of the sequence

you need the above to do the surfacing.
    under general options switch off both `Play at Exact Rate` and `Fractional Frames`

having set the surface and saved your scene Replace Object

click the "write updated..." button, should run through scene importing and saving with new surface

please note I only edited the line in the script which was stopping it loading, its not my script
    VueScripts.com

Quote Originally Posted by LightFreeze View Post
    Replace Object - object in scene which is the sequence target
    Sequence File - any file which is part of the sequence

you need the above to do the surfacing.
    under general options switch off both `Play at Exact Rate` and `Fractional Frames`

having set the surface and saved your scene Replace Object

click the "write updated..." button, should run through scene importing and saving with new surface

please note I only edited the line in the script which was stopping it loading, its not my script
    Thanks for the tips! Getting somewhere, but still not working.

Have both 'Fractional Frames' and 'Play at Exact Rate' unchecked. Screenshot of setup, my lwos are named Btest0000 to Btest0010. Maybe sequence digits should be set to 4 rather than 3?

Seems as though it is about to work but instead I get the error message ".....invalid argument....." The animation then begins to play back continually looping but does not update.

Have set the surface on the first lwo in sequence, I gather that this is the way to set new surface??? (You write: "having set the surface and saved your scene Replace Object") Or do you change surface on first object via surface editor?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	59791  

the `scene replace object` is your first object(normally).

I`m guessing looking at your pic it might be a path issue, are you using network paths, if so try it on a local path
    VueScripts.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast