Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Flickr Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week

VT5 ScoreBoards by Kris are done!

http://www.pizazzme.com/shop/proddet...reBoard&cat=10

PIZAZZ is handling the distribution for Kris's latest version of his scoreboards. The VT5 ScoreBoards have been totally redone and are better than ever.

We have been working and testing with him for a while now and let me tell you they are beautiful to use. 8 different customized User Interfaces to fit the different sport's needs. Each copy is locked to your VT install so we are going to ship you a CD with your unique version. The price Kris set is $250 and they are available now. If you have any questions feel free to call.

What’s New in this Version?

Now compatible with VT[5] software only

Five brand new sports skins: handball, hockey, soccer, tennis and volleyball

Brand new look for included base templates for each sport

Redesigned interfaces to match VT[5] look and feel

Revised and streamlined base code to function-based method for easier customization

Added CG Page Preview Panel to preview the CG Page you are on

Switcher downstream keyer control integrated in each skin

Updated page-changing functionality to allow for unlimited access to CG project, only pages 1-9 will be populated with scoreboard data by the shortcut button

Sponsor image flag added to each skin

Football Skin:

Added “possession” flags
    Added team-based “time out” flags and counters
    Added in functionality for ESPN-style Time Out Left (TOL) indicators as well as a separate TOL counter
    Added team-based flag indication in addition to the generic flag button
    Added additional game clock adjustments for minute and ten second increments
    Triggering a “time out” or “touchdown” now stops the game clock, resuming the game clock will clear the “time out” flag as well as the normal “flag” for penalties
    Updated keyboard shortcuts (for Nostromo52) with new layout

Basketball Skin:

Added “possession” flags
    Added team-based “time out” flags
    Added “TOL” counters for each team
    Added team-based “foul” flags
    Added “foul” counters for each team
    Added “bonus” flags
    Added additional game clock adjustments for minute and ten second increments
    Triggering a “time out” or “foul” now stops the game clock, restarting the clock clears those flags

Baseball Skin:
    Added “at bat” flags
    Added team-based “home run” flags
    Added “hit” & “error” counters for box scoring
    Added “advance” button to base runners to automatically advance the runners already on base
    Inning plus button now clears the pitch count, outs and bases as well as switching the at bat flag between teams

Follow the Link to Order NOW

http://www.pizazzme.com/shop/proddet...reBoard&cat=10
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ

I make stuff work....www.pizazz.com

Gear Used:
    TriCaster: All + 3Play 820 & 425
    Cams: Panasonic HPX370
    Cabling: Tac2 Fiber/ATEM convertors

Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ

Gear Used:

Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ

Gear Used:

wow - those look incredible! Now how could I use those in a church setting?? hmmmmmmm.......
    Jamie Sanfilippo
    Programming Pastor
    The Meeting House

jamie.sanfilippo@themeetinghouse.ca

Anybody try these with a virtual set/PIP? I'd like to hear some input on how well the plugin would work with a clock inset showing the time from the scoreboard rather than manual control of the time. Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel Cougar
    Anybody try these with a virtual set/PIP? I'd like to hear some input on how well the plugin would work with a clock inset showing the time from the scoreboard rather than manual control of the time. Great job!
    Actually, yes! We will be doing this tomorrow for the first time during a basketball game. It will be really nice to free up the CG person from having to manually keep the clock up to date. I just created a simple live set to crop the clock into a little box that will fit next to the CG.

The only problem so far is that you cannot switch between sources too quickly. If you think about it, 1 input into the VT is used all the time (the score clock in FX row). The 2nd input is in the main row and is on program. If you hot-punch a new camera, the VT takes a second to think about it and genlock the camera. It is best if you can preview your next source, but if you give the VT time between hot-punches, it seems to work okay.

Attached is a zip file that has a WMV of me playing around with hot-punching with this setup in the studio. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow in our live game environment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

PS - You'll obviously have to enable the clock liveset on every source that you want it to show up on.

Quote Originally Posted by brians0105
    PS - You'll obviously have to enable the clock liveset on every source that you want it to show up on.
    Thanks and let me know how it works out. We haven't installed our VT5 upgrade yet, we use Bob's 3rd channel to do this now and have similar experiences with the delay in switching sources with VT. Only problem now is that Bob's plugin uses the DSK, so we could never use it with Kris' plugin at the same time. Not really a problem since we have a downstream CG, but if we can get it all to work on VT it would be much simpler and our switches would be cleaner (taking the score graphic and clock on the same frame without just being lucky).

One interesting idea I had considered would be to have the scoreboard sent to the LiveSet CG every time you made an update. I didn't think I'd feel comfortable doing that with an active clock, since it would be updating so rapidly. But it might work well with a normal pace of updates during the show. You could apply it to each camera as an upstream key. If there is a ToasterScript command for that I might be able to make that addition. It is worth taking a look at. Of course, having a second DSK would solve it too.

Kris

Quote Originally Posted by kltv
    One interesting idea I had considered would be to have the scoreboard sent to the LiveSet CG every time you made an update. I didn't think I'd feel comfortable doing that with an active clock, since it would be updating so rapidly. But it might work well with a normal pace of updates during the show. You could apply it to each camera as an upstream key. If there is a ToasterScript command for that I might be able to make that addition. It is worth taking a look at. Of course, having a second DSK would solve it too.

Kris
    Interesting idea... I haven't ready anywhere yet that you can control anything about LiveSets via ToasterScript, have you?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by brians0105
    Interesting idea... I haven't ready anywhere yet that you can control anything about LiveSets via ToasterScript, have you?

Brian
    I haven't, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't under the hood somewhere.

Kris

Are any reviews in?

Just checking before continuing to checkout!

Thumbs Up Handball Tournament

A received a note last night from a friend of mine who finished up ten hours of live handball coverage from Detroit using the new VT[5] Scoreboards. He just wanted to let me know everything worked great. They were streaming to the web for PPV, running instant replays and capturing the whole time and had no problems and plenty of fun.

Kris

Instant Replays

Can you ellaborate on "running instant replays"? How is your friend accomplishing instant replays? Will also add a review after purchasing your VT[5] Scoreboards! Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by VOLi
    Can you ellaborate on "running instant replays"? How is your friend accomplishing instant replays?
    He uses a little DDR skin that I built to help assist in the process. Basically, you launch a DDR and hit the REC button from that DDR, which will load a capture panel associated with it. Then you capture from Main In on that capture panel and when you hit "stop" it cues that clip to the DDR. But it cues it at the beginning which then takes time to adjust the in-point etc.

After doing a bunch of baseball games that way, I came up with a way to automate all the mad clicking and dragging I had to do to get the replays cued. This skin adds a little "replay" button to your DDR and makes it a lot easier. You still need to load a capture panel and start recording, but now when you want to do a replay, just hit the replay button on the DDR. Here's what it does when you hit that button:

1. Chops the current record.
    2. Cues the in-point to ten seconds back (you can adjust this to taste in the initialization script).
    3. Puts the DDR in preview on the switcher.
    4. Places the DDR in pause at slow-motion speed.
    5. Loads whatever DVE effect you want for the replay transition.

Then all you have to do is hit "Auto" on the switcher and the replay will effect on air and play in slow-motion.

Instant Replay DDR Skin:
    http://www.gurrad.com/kris/Instant_Replay.zip

Place it in the VT4\Skins\DDR2\MainWindow\Default directory to make it available to the DDR. Then right click on a DDR and choose the Instant_Replay skin. You'll see the new button show up to the right of the selection/project buttons. Fire up a capture panel and test it out.

It is still styled to match the VT[4] look, but I've tested it in VT[5] and it works just fine.

Kris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast