Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Flickr Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AH yes, the classic flicker. IS it primarily when rendering?

If so then you may have to use the "never use per-pixel shading on borders" option.

Go into your windowsblinds option and in the system information section there should be a check box at the bottom that says the above quotes "Never use per...etc"

Check that and see if your flicker is stopping.
    -----------------
    KC

Actually, it flickered whenever I brought up panels. they would buzz like crazy. I tried what you said and that fixed it perfectly. It makes sense because the demo didn't have per-pixel shading and it worked fine.

thanks!

-s

Quote Originally Posted by Intuition
    AH yes, the classic flicker. IS it primarily when rendering?

If so then you may have to use the "never use per-pixel shading on borders" option.

Go into your windowsblinds option and in the system information section there should be a check box at the bottom that says the above quotes "Never use per...etc"

Check that and see if your flicker is stopping.
    Man, your hawk head is awsome! Love the beak texturing too!
    Also about your windowblinds, looks cool but is it any skin that we use that keeps the system footprint extremely low - or - is it just the one that you use? I thought it might be that the company WindowBlinds has optimized it such that any skin is in "Zero-Footprint Mode".

The reason I ask is because I saw this skin for WindowBlinds and it looks awesome and is the most popular but, looks like it could take up alot of System resources:
    http://www.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin...p=4&comments=1
    My online portfolio:
    http://www.ramonart.com/advertising.html
    May the Lord bless you all.

The skull was drawn from a profile picture with edges and then extend was used to pull the geometry out and sculpt it to shape. Similar to smooth shift but I was creating 3d form from 2d lines.
    Then do you just start out tracing shapes using the pen tool then extending the edges in edge mode?
    The texture is the side view picture I found on the internet but it is using the oren Nayer shader mixed with Phong spec shader.

Rendered with BG radiosity Low AA.

I will post more test in this thread soon. I have some Omega Shader SSS tests with a Buddha model that is casting caustic refraction on the floor behind it.
    I'd love to see some screenshots of your modeling and nodes for this model - if possible. That would be real nice.
    Thanks
    My online portfolio:

Beautiful modeling and texturing of the beak. I know that this was a quick test - but this would be the perfect opportunity to render the skull using just a hint of SSS. Your object appears to be made of dense white plastic instead of very fragile thin layers of bone.

Compare to actual photos:

You inspired me to attempt some bone shader renderings based on the above photos:
    Last edited by chikega; 08-19-2006 at 01:56 PM.
    Gary Chike

Great job. Nice work!
    "One day, son, all this will be yours."
    "What . . . the curtains?"

I must say that I did think of SSS and have tried the SSS technique you are suggesting. I saw a skull on the Maxwell Renderpage and tried it even before I posted the pics.

Only problem is that I am having renders take too long. But I have a new Dual opteron quad core system coming next week. Then I will be posting some SSS skulls.

I really think it is the right idea for rendering skulls though and your test renders show that.

I did not try the SSS since the final 9 has come out. These teste were done during the beta. When I get the new computer I will be using LW in 64bit as well with some nice updated pics.

As to the OS questions.

The footprint for Windows Blinds claims it is no more the the current windows usage. So the system resources are the same.
    -----------------
    KC

Looking forward to seeing the results!
    Gary Chike

Chikega: those are some nice renders! would love to see the node trees for those and render times.

Intuition, I watched a bit of the tutorial that you wrote about and launched into edge modeling and I must say it's just amazingly fast. I've got a model done that I'm texturing and rendering in my spare time that I did with 80-90% edges. Will post some renders when I get it done. thanks for the push towards edges!

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    ooh..oohh, yup, gotta see that with SSS
    Gentleshaw Wildlife Centre

Want to learn to model?
    'Nuff said.

Hey Monovick, can you post a link to that tutorial? I'd love to check it out too!
    Thanks
    My online portfolio:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123