Thread: Recording Problems on TC1

Recording Problems on TC1

TC1 Version 180327

I'm recording MIX1 and Input1 to the d:\media\clips\capture folder that I created. I start recording - the clock starts incrementing as usual, but the Input1 .mov or .preview files aren't created. It does record MIX1 and creates the .mov and .preview files. This has happened a couple of times in the past, so I always have to check file explorer to make sure the recording really started.

Another issue I've seen once is that I stopped recording, but the recording kept going. I have media folders on the d and e drives that I share to keep the recordings out of the sessions folder. I was on my editing system with the TC1 media folder open in Windows file explorer where the files had been recording. I was getting ready to copy them to a local drive and noticed that their modified times and sizes were still updating even though the RECORD button on the TC1 was grey. I had a VS4000 call coming into Input1, waited about three minutes and had the person speak again to see if it would show up in the recording. I had to stop and restart recording again to get the recording to stop. It then closed the currently recording files and hadn't created a new version of them. I checked the recording and it was the full three minutes in length with the callers video throughout the file.

I've reported this to support and haven't heard anything back yet.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced either of these two issues.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Rob Safran
    Satori Seven Productions
    rob@sharewisdom.tv

TriCaster: 460 AE
    TalkShow: VS4000
    Gnural Net CM & LTA
    NDI Transmit
    VSE and LiveText
    Camera: 2-Sony PMW-X70, Sony PXW-Z150

Hi Rob,

Taking a flying guess on this, but is Input 1 an NDI source? If so, that cannot be directly recorded. If you have an unused M/E, route the NDI source through the M/E, assign M/E to a MIX, and record that way.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Hi Jeff,

Input1 is on SDI. Good point about recording NDI sources. I learned this one the hard way;-)
    Rob Safran
    Satori Seven Productions
    rob@sharewisdom.tv

Gnural Net CM & LTA
    NDI Transmit
    VSE and LiveText

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    Hi Rob,

Taking a flying guess on this, but is Input 1 an NDI source? If so, that cannot be directly recorded. If you have an unused M/E, route the NDI source through the M/E, assign M/E to a MIX, and record that way.

Thanks

Jeff
    You don't have to route the NDI input to a M/E to record it, just point the NDI input to a MIX output, then record the output. Another option is NDI IsoRecorder which is free for a two channel recording version and you can run that on a separate system, plus still get all four channels of recording in the TriCaster for other uses.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

There was a bug on this; see this thread:

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....nput+recording

Direct input recording would work once (say, when doing a quick test) and then fail, and then the inputs would disappear from the list. Presumably resolved, but I have not verified.
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber

I had the disapearing inputs previously which is solved in latest build but I did find that I can no longer record an mp4 and stream to an RTMP server on the same encoder of my TC1. My understanding is it's patched but no new build out yet.

My experience is different than disappearing inputs from the list.

All Inputs have always been available to select.
    Input1 was selected, but wasn't recorded or RED in the RECORD display. MIX1 and Input2, that were also selected before starting recording, were RED in the RECORD Button and were recorded.

I had done a quick test just before starting recording for the live show and confirmed that all three files were created and updating. I need to confirm that all selected inputs are recording each time from now on.

Support just documented the issue and confirmed there were no errors in the session log.
    Rob Safran
    Satori Seven Productions
    rob@sharewisdom.tv

Gnural Net CM & LTA
    NDI Transmit
    VSE and LiveText

Rob, that's essentially how it was for me. They worked in the test. Then they didn't light up when I recorded the second time. Then, when I went to look at what was going on in the record settings, I was no longer able to select those inputs. It sortof degenerated as I went.
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber