Thread: Any way to downscale resolution with Scan Converter

Any way to downscale resolution with Scan Converter

CPU usage is too high when I both play a game and try to send the video to my streaming PC in desktop/game resolution of 1920*1080p.

Therefore I have to use OBS to send the ndi signal to my streaming PC, since in OBS you can let it downscale it to 720p before sending.

I suspect this is why sending ndi with OBS runs smoother than Scan Converter, right?

So I was wondering if there's any other, and more performant, way to downscale the desktop / game resolution?

The current version of NDI Scan Converter sends the entire resolution of the screen out as NDI, performance is depends on CPU and GPU factors and the higher the resolution the more system performance needed for everything to work well.

There is a new version of NDI Scan Converter coming with the NDI Tools 3.5 update to be released soon. The big new feature in this version, is that most of NDI Scan Converter is running in GPU with little CPU overhead needed. This should get you great screen capture performance with little impact on the system.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    The current version of NDI Scan Converter sends the entire resolution of the screen out as NDI, performance is depends on CPU and GPU factors and the higher the resolution the more system performance needed for everything to work well.

There is a new version of NDI Scan Converter coming with the NDI Tools 3.5 update to be released soon. The big new feature in this version, is that most of NDI Scan Converter is running in GPU with little CPU overhead needed. This should get you great screen capture performance with little impact on the system.
    Cool, can't wait for v 3.5 - then I guess I'll wait to upgrade my i5-6600

Any chance you can sign up for beta testing of v 3.5?