Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NewTek NDI Telestrator Workflow - VMix PC/Surface 4 Pro

I am actually more than a little confused

I have installed VLC player, and NewTek NDI tools - but I can not find any NewTek NDI VLC Plugin anywhere (only the NewTek NDI VLC Plugin Instruction pdf).

The instruction says:

"After running the NewTek NDI VLC Plugin installer and following the steps outlined therein, launch VLC."

But that is not so easy when I can not find the Plugin Installer (I could see it was checked during the NDI tool installation though).

First time I installed the NDI tool - I had not installed the VLC player - but I have installed the VLC player now, and uninstalled + reinstalled the NDI tool a couple of times now - but I can not find it neither in the Windows list of programs nor as an NDI output under tools /preferences in VLC.
    What could I be missing here?

update: It is obviously not working: http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....o-audio-output

Kind regards
    Bent Rune
    Last edited by BRS; 05-06-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Looks like NDI Telestrator will only see sources from another system on the network. So you will need to run the VLC plugin or NDI Test Patterns from another machine. I didn't realize that was the case.

As for the VLC plug, are you running VLC 2.x or 3.x? The current plug-in is compatible with VLC 2.x and will not show up in VLC Player 3.x.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Yes I realized this, so I reinstalled with NDI tools 2.2.8 - and the telestrator does not seem to find it as a source - so yes - next step will be to run the VLC plugin from another machine I guess.

I am aware of the minimum requirements for using the Telestrator - will there be anything to gain in workflow and quality of output (or will it not make so much of a difference), if the machine specs are significant better than the minimum requirements (if the source is sportsvideo and showing sports videos from a browser) - and what are the most important components to have as good as they can get (cpu, gpu or other components)?

Kind regards
    Bent Rune

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Quote Originally Posted by BRS View Post
    Yes I realized this, so I reinstalled with NDI tools 2.2.8 - and the telestrator does not seem to find it as a source - so yes - next step will be to run the VLC plugin from another machine I guess.

I am aware of the minimum requirements for using the Telestrator - will there be anything to gain in workflow and quality of output (or will it not make so much of a difference), if the machine specs are significant better than the minimum requirements (if the source is sportsvideo and showing sports videos from a browser) - and what are the most important components to have as good as they can get (cpu, gpu or other components)?

Kind regards
    Bent Rune
    I have used NDI Telestrator on 3 different Microsoft Surface Pro models (i5 and i7). It works great here in our workflow. We are using a TriCaster instead of VMIX for the switcher interface.
    We definitely were using NDI sources across the network and not on the actual Telestrator machine itself. I would start there first.

Another thing to try is setting the desktop resolution of the Surface Pro down to 1920x1080 to make sure your display is the correct 16x9 ratio to match your incoming video to markup. I have found that Surfaces with their crazy high resolution can at times be wonky to work with but setting the resolution down has little to no impact on the visual quality of the display.
    Last edited by PIZAZZ; 05-07-2018 at 08:15 AM.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12