Thread: Auto-activate SEARCH BOX in Menu and Hotkey editor /another click save

Axes grinder- Dongle #99

Auto-activate SEARCH BOX in Menu and Hotkey editor /another click save

The SEARCH box in the Menu and Hotkey editors should be _active_ as soon as displayed.

This saves a click. Since every other function in the editors requires a click ANYWAY, having the Search box active allows users to immediately start Searching. There is literally no downside to having the search box active on dialog launch.

Indeed, my main use of the Menu Editor is to locate a function within the menus, not to edit the menus per se.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

I asked for this when it was in development and it doesn't seem as though it is possible with the toolkit used.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 960 (388.59, 4GB and 1024 CUDA cores)
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (306.97 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    They should really get rid of that toolkit, it seems to be ludicrously restrictive-- can't rename in situ? can't auto-activate a text field on launch? What is this, 1990?

And if it's their own toolkit, it's time to improve it.

(My old workaround was to use AHK to intercept the hotkey, launch the dialog, MOVE the cursor to the dead reckoning position of the text field, and fire a fake mouse click. Worked amazingly well, but at some point I lost the script and AHK. Try it: you'll be amazed how nice it is to have that Search ready to go.)(This is possible because AHK can find out which window is active, by name, and set the coordinates to the upper/left corner. So the containing panel can be in any location.)
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.