Thread: Modo 30 day trial, starts from download date or installation date?

Modo 30 day trial, starts from download date or installation date?

I prefer lightwave way of releasing demo trials, and also turns to discovery mode when the full trial is over.
    I have a question since despite two mails to foundry, they can not give me a simple reply..or just donīt understand my question.

I downloaded the trial of modo over a month ago, but I have decided not to install it until I get some spare time over to test it frequently, then I got an email saying my trial period is over..so what the?
    Does it mean I can not install the trial now..since the period for trying will be counted from the date I downloaded it, or would it work for 30 days after I install it?
    Hope this question about modo is ok here in the general discussion thread.

I could perhaps find out by installing it and see what happens, but I have not time now for testing it, and I donīt want to bother if it is counting from the download date, thus expired.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I prefer lightwave way of releasing demo trials, and also turns to discovery mode when the full trial is over.
    I have a question since despite two mails to foundry, they can not give me a simple reply..or just donīt understand my question.

I downloaded the trial of modo over a month ago, but I have decided not to install it until I get some spare time over to test it frequently, then I got an email saying my trial period is over..so what the?
    Does it mean I can not install the trial now..since the period for trying will be counted from the date I downloaded it, or would it work for 30 days after I install it?
    Hope this question about modo is ok here in the general discussion thread.

I could perhaps find out by installing it and see what happens, but I have not time now for testing it, and I donīt want to bother if it is counting from the download date, thus expired.
    Yeah I don't like the modo licensing too!

Even the licensed users have problems starting modo...

https://community.foundry.com/discus...nsing-problems

Maybe if you write them a mail they will provide a new demo license.

Edit: sorry I justed noticed you already sent two mails.
    Last edited by Marander; 04-28-2018 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Yeah I don't like the modo licensing too!

Even the licensed users have problems starting modo...

https://community.foundry.com/discus...nsing-problems

Maybe if you write them a mail they will provide a new demo license.

Edit: sorry I justed noticed you already sent two mails.
    Yeah..and the second one stating that I can download a new trial each time a new release is made...so what the, am I supposed to wait for the trial when I once and for all may have time to try it?
    it seems ridiculous, I may be mistaken ..but if this is the route they go for demo trials, they really should inform that the trial period starts ticking once downloaded.
    Have to wait for an answer.

they really should inform that the trial period starts ticking once downloaded.
    Absolutely,
    this is a question for the Modo forum though. i expect SBowie to drop by this thread any minute...
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Nah, I saw this first thing this morning, thought 'Odd place to ask this, but the intent isn't promotional so what the hey...". I might move it though, if I remember it after my Saturday afternoon nap.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

Absolutely,
    this is a question for the Modo forum though. i expect SBowie to drop by this thread any minute...
    The license for modo is generated when you download trial, if it expired and you haven't installed the software, just send them an email and ask for new one.

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Nah, I saw this first thing this morning, thought 'Odd place to ask this, but the intent isn't promotional so what the hey...". I might move it though, if I remember it after my Saturday afternoon nap.
    Exactly...not exactly promotional, just a question since many forum members use modo as well here, though a better response may be on foundry forum, just was a quicker login and ask here since I hardly visit the foundry forum..and hardly remember my login there.

Quote Originally Posted by 50one View Post
    The license for modo is generated when you download trial, if it expired and you haven't installed the software, just send them an email and ask for new one.
    Thought I shouldnīt have to ask...and initially actually getting the same answer as yours as to what I would like to be an answer from them to me ...when I asked about wether not the trial was from download date or install date, instead I get this ambiguous reply of ..donīt worry, you can download any new release when it arrives.
    But enough complaining here, wrong forum for my complaints to be picked up and analyzed.

But as far as I can tell by the few responses here...it seems thatīs the case of download date is the start of time for the 30 day trial, to bad..I had some time this extra long weekend, and I donīt think I will be able to get a new trial up and running tomorrow already.

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    and you got more important things to do so dream away and forget and be happy with what you got

I was out of line.
    Last edited by vpii; 04-28-2018 at 09:05 PM.
    Michael Berg
    Vantage Point Imaging
    http://www.vpii.com

Quote Originally Posted by vpii View Post
    I was out of line.
    Yes I think you were..at least I kept it in relation to 3d software...both these forums are for that, I applause you for recognizing your reply was a bit out of line...or irrelevant really perhaps.
    All good.

Not sure if anything changed since the last trial downloaded from Luxology by me happened few years ago for which I had to pay and the money was deducted from full price after I made the purchase. Good thing is that you have sales rep to talk to and ask any questions.

But, as I said it was years ago, so bot sure if Foundry policies changed that. For sure buying method sucked(sending photocopy of credit card details via email) but then what could youbexpect from UK based company been left for more than a week with no access to my bank account - TSB....IT services are mostly just badly plastered/patched jokes here lol