Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help setting up mix minus on 2 talkshows on Tricaster advanced 410

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Why? Mix 1-4 are all have Program output set as the video source by default. Are you not showing M/E 1 on Program out?
    Not sure what you mean. Where should I show M/E 1 on Program out?
    I have done everything EXACTLY as the diagram and I am still getting my own voice back on a skype call.

Quote Originally Posted by themovieguy View Post
    Not sure what you mean. Where should I show M/E 1 on Program out?
    Sorry, it's hard to know where to begin here. Your Program output is controlled by the upper Switcher row selection. This is about the first thing you will learn when running a TriCaster, or any switcher - how to choose what video source to send to Program output.

As I said, the video source for all Mix outputs (which are identical to your NDI outputs MIX 1-4) default to "Program". So if you are showing M/E 1 on output, unless you've changed something, MIX 1-4 will all show the same thing. This said, this really has no bearing whatsoever on what you are hearing at the TalkShow, or what the remote caller is hearing. I only brought it up in passing, in an attempt to outline a complete solution for your return a/v feed.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Ok.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5495.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	141441   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5496.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	141440   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5497.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	141439   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5498.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	141438   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5499.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	141437  

A thought just occurred to me. There's one more thing we should clear up: You are configuring your TriCaster video inputs by choosing the respective NDI outputs from your Talkshow units, right? That is, you are NOT attempting to connect your TC inputs 7 and 8 to TalkShow units using the "Local>Skype TX Caller" input options, are you?

If that's what you are doing, that's your first problem. Those Local options are not used to connect the feed from a TalkShow to a TC. They are for when you don't have a Talkshow, and audio is handled completely differently in that case.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

No. I use the NDI output of each talkshow as inputs on the tricaster (7 and 8)

Excellent. There's no chance that you've accidentally got the returns set to the opposite TalkShow units? Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is that there might be some obscure SkypeTX controller setting that's crossed up/
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

No. I actually thought of that and tried switching them them and when it didnt work I switched them back.

You might want to double check that, whether by simply comparing the machine names or disconnecting one.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12