Thread: Surface Presets in Windows

Surface Presets in Windows

Hi all, just got my first Windows laptop, been on a Mac all my life LOL. Want to know where to put my custom surface preset folder so I can access them in the surface panel. I know how to do this on a Mac, but haven’t a clue on Windows. Wanted this Laptop to do simple modeling, and surfacing while watch TV LOL! If I place them in the folder the standard ones are in, it would of course replace them.

C:\Users\(YOUR NAME)\.NewTek\LightWave\(LW VERSION)\Presets\Surface Editor
    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates - "I Drank What??"

Quote Originally Posted by Tony3d View Post
    Hi all, just got my first Windows laptop, been on a Mac all my life LOL. Want to know where to put my custom surface preset folder so I can access them in the surface panel. I know how to do this on a Mac, but haven’t a clue on Windows. Wanted this Laptop to do simple modeling, and surfacing while watch TV LOL! If I place them in the folder the standard ones are in, it would of course replace them.
    Hey Tony,
    You've probably heard of Oliver H.'s OD Toolset, but if not familiar you might just browse these:

https://vimeo.com/search?q=OD+Preset

He's got some slick preset tools you'd be interested in I'm sure.

The shear volume of his tools can be daunting, but the thing to keep in mind is that even if you only used 2% of them, that's still quite a few & you won't use all of them by any stretch. One of his tools allows a search capabilty to what all is on your system of installed plugs. Just knowing that a script probably already exists for something that you might never have thought of doing in the first place, serves well for giving one ideas.

Thanks for the reply’s! I will check out those tools as well.