Thread: Is there any way to natively create a mesh from particles?

Is there any way to natively create a mesh from particles?

Is there any way to natively create a mesh from particles? I am curious in order to generate meshes such in real flow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x6MTgQBzcE&t=2s

Also, a mograph tuto by Mark

Subscribe to this guys!!!
    Last edited by OjN; 04-24-2018 at 10:12 AM. Reason: errata

Quote Originally Posted by OjN View Post
    The link to my showcase is more about creating a mesh based upon particle trajectory, not from actual particle clusters ala real flow, and Mark warners showcase is made with use of a costly lw cad (not natively)
    though You may be able to use truss or other edge thickeners free plugins in lightwave, but it is still just particle trajectory paths that is read and converted to line curves.

So a more proper answer for the requester would be most likely, NO..
    natively I do not see a way of particle meshing ala realflow, you would go with either realflow plugin or hurleys plugin or deepfx plugin, that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by inakito View Post
    Is there any way to natively create a mesh from particles? I am curious in order to generate meshes such in real flow
    You might want to take a look at VDBSlicer from DeepFx for Lightwave. Given particle info as pointcloud of vertices as OBJ or such, you could probably find a way to use its remeshing to do what you want.

As another option, if you have modo (901-11) you might want to check out emPolygonizer.

A lot depends on whether you can get the particle info out to disk somehow, and therefore able to be used by such products. EditFx offers some capabilities there, and there are other ways to achieve it as well depending on which plugins and products you own.
    Last edited by jwiede; 04-24-2018 at 04:23 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.2),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by OjN View Post

This is not what I meant. I am looking for a way to simulate liquids based on particles that I have create a mesh for, like in Real Flow or Blender for example

I am not exactly sure what you are looking for. But have you had a look at Deep Rising FX? Its a little bit like Realflow, but it works inside Lightwave. You can also import particle simulations from other packages and mesh them if that is what you want.

There is No native way.
    DeepFX or hurleys UP (http://hurleyworks.com/)may be the way to go, but that is additional cost for the plugins, where you may actually be good to use another free software out there and import, splotchdog has some free plugins for that...
    http://www.splotchdog.com/index.php?...=12&Itemid=121