Thread: Using Teradek for remote video

Using Teradek for remote video

Currently, when I am not in my studio, I skype into my studio's tricaster through the skypetx. It works okay, but obviously the audio and video quality aren't great.

I am considering other options for sending better video to my tricaster so that I can still be "in HD" when I am remote and my producer is running the tricaster in studio

I looked at the Comrex live shot, which is about $15,000 for the encoder and receiver, but then I was told about the Teradek systems, which seem to run closer to $3-5k.

Does anyone have experience with these in conjunction with a Tricaster? Curious about feedback, tips, warnings, etc. Will it achieve what I want, which is to be able to integrate my remote shot in actual high definition into our multicamera production with our graphics, etc?

Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Thank you, very interesting! I have tech knowledge but not an expert in this particular area. Are these software tools that send video from a camera connected to a laptop, or are these hardware (alone or in combination with software) that connect directly to a camera? I am trying to understand the general logistics and signal flow of it

I haven't used any of these solutions, have just read blog posts and FAQs about them over recent months, would suggest the same to learn more, just read up on them on their websites and such

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

dpakman,
    Which Teradek system are you looking at? The Bond units or the Cubes?
    What is your intended goal? Send one camera feed or to send an entire production back to the studio? Remote camera operators?

I have used many of their products before on different productions.

I am also quite familiar with the Teradek Bond 2 and Teradek Core. LMK if I can help