Thread: How to get Tally information on a MIX output ?

How to get Tally information on a MIX output ?

Hi all,

In a specific configuraiton, we use a ME to send a specific video input to an second operator display, so he's able to make camera picture control and pan/tilt using a Pana RP120 . He's using a xkeys device to control the ME source, and also the same xkeys send a command to the camera controller, so the same camera is selected on the controller for PTZ control. This is working fine.

We'd like to improve a bit the system and give more information to the operator so he has confirmation on the display of the selected camera. I've been able to use a Cg template assigned to one of the ME keyers, that template is using a datalink key to show the input selected on ME layer A.

What I'd like to do now is to provide also to the PTZ operator a kinf of tally information, so he knows when he selects a camera, if the camera is on air or not. Then he knows if and how he can adjust picture and position. To do that, we'd need to use any kind of macro, datalink and/or automation combo, to set-up the template ( or a second one feeding another keyer), according camera selected on the ME by the operator, and input selected in the PGM row. I could not find any way to do that.

does anyone have a suggestion ?

Thanks !

If you are into writing some code, you can get tally status of all inputs via the API of the TriCaster. You would need to sign up for the TriCaster SDK to get this information.
    https://www.newtek.com/solutions/new.../sdk-programs/
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks Kane. I already have the SDK documentation and files, but was looking for an internal solution to manage this.

By the way, can you please provide a bit more details about the state change Automation feature in TC ? I use quite often the PGM Row, PREV Row and so on, but don't really understand the difference with Program Tally and Preview Tally settings available in the same window.

Also, I noticed that macros assigned to a state change are still active, even if the macros folder in which theses macros are placed is desactivated in the macros managment window....

Best,

jerome

Quote Originally Posted by doctorsunshine View Post
    Also, I noticed that macros assigned to a state change are still active, even if the macros folder in which theses macros are placed is desactivated in the macros managment window....
    Please submit a bug report with version information, thanks.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hi all,

In a specific configuraiton, we use a ME to send a specific video input to an second operator display, so he's able to make camera picture control and pan/tilt using a Pana RP120 . He's using a xkeys device to control the ME source, and also the same xkeys send a command to the camera controller, so the same camera is selected on the controller for PTZ control. This is working fine.

We'd like to improve a bit the system and give more information to the operator so he has confirmation on the display of the selected camera. I've been able to use a Cg template assigned to one of the ME keyers, that template is using a datalink key to show the input selected on ME layer A.

What I'd like to do now is to provide also to the PTZ operator a kinf of tally information, so he knows when he selects a camera, if the camera is on air or not. Then he knows if and how he can adjust picture and position. To do that, we'd need to use any kind of macro, datalink and/or automation combo, to set-up the template ( or a second one feeding another keyer), according camera selected on the ME by the operator, and input selected in the PGM row. I could not find any way to do that.

Thanks !
    Sienna NDI Router has a new Tally translation feature, which can extract tally from TriCaster and pass it to traditional tally systems via TSL_UMD protocol
    http://sienna-tv.com/ndi/ndirouter.html
    So if you already have a tally infrastructure this could be used to feed in to it, and onto your camera operator.

This new feature is being used by Formula One to connect their TC1 systems to their central Axon Cerebrum routing and tally infrastructure. Combined with its ProBel and BMD router emulation, Sienna NDI Router seamlessly opens up TriCaster integration with a slew of facility-scale infrastructure control and monitoring systems.

Its now possible to build a completely NDI Based facility with all the familiar infrastructure integration.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    If you are into writing some code, you can get tally status of all inputs via the API of the TriCaster. You would need to sign up for the TriCaster SDK to get this information.
    https://www.newtek.com/solutions/new.../sdk-programs/
    Hi, already asked but mybe you missed it, if I can get any clue on this, would be very helpful :

By the way, can you please provide a bit more details about the state change Automation feature in TC ? I use quite often the PGM Row, PREV Row and so on, but don't really understand the difference with Program Tally and Preview Tally settings available in the same window.

Thanks.

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    Hi all,

Thanks !
    So you made an ME to use it's A bus to switch cameras via a macro for each camera and the PTZ operator views this on a monitor in front of him, I believe I got that right?
    Then you used datalink to drive a title template to display what camera is being viewed on an overlay of this ME, correct?

So are you aware of the Input Automation settings? Click on Input, Automation Tab and select Preview. Now click the E (event) to assign a macro to it. You could create a red border image and a green border image, as an example. Then make macro for the input Program to key value 1 to turn on the overlay of the red border when on program and the create another macro to value 0 to turn off red red border when input is not on program. Do the same for each input preview automation and make a green border.
    Now as the PTZ operator changes the A bus of the ME, it it's on program it will have red border, on preview a green border and when not on anything no border.
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Hi Jose,

thanks for your suggestion. I know a bit the Input Automation settings, as for example I'm using it to send commands to external devices according the PGM or PVW row.

I tried to set things up according your advices, but I cant' really understand. Let's focus on PGM tally : If I get you right, I would use one of the ME keyers to show/hide a red border. No problem so far about macro, with shortcut "v4_dsk4_value" and values 0 and 1, then I assign two macros to PGM input states Active and inactive. However, If I make it that way, the border would still be there if any source is on PGM row, no matter what is selected on ME's A bus.....

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    Sorry I have not responded but I’ve been on a world tour production. In early May I will figure the water to flow and post it
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Thanks. Jose.

looking forward.

Best,

jerome