Thread: Newtek Spark Baseball Venue

Newtek Spark Baseball Venue

Question about the Newtek Spark system: If we want to run a camera out in the middle of centerfield at our baseball stadium, where that camera is set up would have to be on the same wireless network as the other unit that would be in our press box?

So this wireless system is necessarily like a transmitter and a receiver. It's more like two converter boxes that can talk to each other, but only if they are both of the same wireless network. Do I have that correct?

Sounds about right to my understanding. Instead of being a point A to point b its NDI which is a what ever to what ever on the same subnet. You can jump subnets with some configuration I believe. As long as both the Spark and your receiver, a Tricaster or something else that can take in NDI then you should be good to go, even if one is wireless and the other wired etc.

You don't need a second Spark to decode the NDI signal (nor would it work that way), you just need a switcher or other device (laptop, software, etc) that can see an NDI signal. A Spark will work with Tricaster, or OBS, or any number of other software packages (using Virtual Camera). They're pretty cool.
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber

Hi Simpson805,

Do you have a TriCaster and if so, which model?

Also, if at all possible, you'd want to use wired network for Spark and not rely on WiFi, but it can work.

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: PTZ Optics 20x SDI

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    Do you have a TriCaster and if so, which model?

Also, if at all possible, you'd want to use wired network for Spark and not rely on WiFi, but it can work.s
    We have a TC1. And I'm not sure if we can run an ethernet wire to the centerfield fence. Behind centerfield is a storage facility and next to that is a parking garage. I'm going out there today to see if there is any wireless connection and test how strong the signal is.

I almost think I will have to rely on Wifi though.

I'm definitely not a WiFi expert, but in dealing with other users who are using WiFi, I believe what you will need is a WiFi "access point" that is nearer the camera so you're not trying to use WiFi across the stadium. Something like offered by Ubiquity Networks? Just a name I am familiar with, maybe someone else here can expand on that stuff.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: PTZ Optics 20x SDI