Thread: Audio Sync Issue On Outgoing signal

Audio Sync Issue On Outgoing signal

We have a VS-4000 and we have an issue with the audio sync. The audio is several seconds behind video. We were trying to do an interview and we were asking questions via the Audio-1 XLR input. It would take several seconds for the person to hear the question. We decided to ask the question using their landline and recording the video and audio from the Talkshow. I could hear our questions on the Skype signal and the audio delay was minimal.

I also have 2 channels set-up for field reporters to see our off-air picture and the audio sync issue is apparent there also. The off-air video and audio going to the VS-4000 is channel 3 & 4's SDI inputs. This eliminates the issue being the analog XLR input.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Tim Gaskins
    KTTV/KCOP Fox Television
    Los Angeles CA

Does this happen with everyone you call or just a specific person?
    Do you see this if you call a Skype client on your local network?
    If you use the audio monitor in the lower left corner of the TalkShow VS4000 user interface is the video and audio in sync (connect headphones to the computer sound card to listen)?
    What version of software running on your TalkShow and have you updated the Skype channels to the latest version?
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Kane,

I have the most recent software versions. It was occurring on all my contacts. I have seen it on my phone on Verizon and in house WiFi. But I did an interview yesterday and the issue was not apparent. It may be intermittent and I don't see it now.

Thanks for you reply.
    Tim Gaskins
    KTTV/KCOP Fox Television
    Los Angeles CA