Thread: Entering WiFi Username?

Entering WiFi Username?

Hello,

I have a Connect Spark SDI. I work at a large teaching hospital and we want to use the device over campus wifi but access onto the network requires to login using a username and password. The options on the configuration page only offer the option to change SSID name and a password but not a username. Am I missing something or this not an option for the Spark?

Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by lantia01; 02-09-2018 at 07:40 AM. Reason: wrong title

WiFi itself doesn't have a username and password, just a security key to connect to the network. I'm assuming that username and password being asked for comes up in a browser window after you connect? Unless your network is using RADIUS?

Probably best to speak with your IT department to see what can be done. I can't imagine this would be the first time they have come across a device that needs special setup for their network.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    WiFi itself doesn't have a username and password, just a security key to connect to the network. I'm assuming that username and password being asked for comes up in a browser window after you connect? Unless your network is using RADIUS?

Probably best to speak with your IT department to see what can be done. I can't imagine this would be the first time they have come across a device that needs special setup for their network.
    Thank You. I will try that and get back to you.