Thread: Lucas the adorable BABY SPIDER CGI

Lucas the adorable BABY SPIDER CGI

This adorable CGI character is made all the more appealing with the voice of the little kid who recorded the dialogue. The animators "let kids be kids" and not deliver their lines like stiff grown ups. It's the same thing that made the little rascal shorts and the "peanuts" character voices so nice. He appears in multiple shorts - and I mean SHORT. Only 30 seconds each.
    Last edited by DonJMyers; 01-24-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Link was broken

I had linked to a pirated copy

That IS really cool
    It actually shows that even a simple idea without tons of ‘fancy effects’ can look amazing.
    It really inspires me.
    Last edited by Markc; 01-28-2018 at 04:02 PM.
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.12 RX580 Pulse LW2018 Fusion 9 Oculus Rift Gear VR

Indeed, very much like the now famous Pixar lamp animation from way back when. Simple idea yet so effective. It's all about the characters and story however simple. I wish Hollywood would take the hint instead of the plethora of "let's-make-a-movie-with-as-many-super-cool-special-effects-as-we-can-because-then-we-don't-need-to-worry-about-story" tripe movies that seem to be churned out every two minutes - IMHO anyway.
    Adrian.

"Dreams are good, but memories are better"

Very nice!
    http://soundcloud.com/pass-sword
    from now the kingdom of God is preached, and every effort goes into it

Quote Originally Posted by adrian View Post
    It's all about the characters and story however simple. I wish Hollywood would take the hint instead of the plethora of "let's-make-a-movie-with-as-many-super-cool-special-effects-as-we-can-because-then-we-don't-need-to-worry-about-story" tripe y.
    I TOTALLY agree. I just watched a few scenes from the latest pirates of the carribean movie which is already on netflix because it had such bad reviews. Every FX shot was so super-overdone I would actually have hated to work on it myself.

Give me the original HALF HOUR Grinch from Seuss/Chuck Jones over the bloated TWO HOUR Grinch movie by Ron Howard that gave star Jim Carrey vision issues because the contact lenses he had to wear were so painful.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJMyers View Post
    I TOTALLY agree. I just watched a few scenes from the latest pirates of the carribean movie which is already on netflix because it had such bad reviews. Every FX shot was so super-overdone I would actually have hated to work on it myself.
    That's right, my eyes did actually hurt me while watching Pirates of Carribean! That was too much.

And the spider is so cute, which surprises me, as I have arachnophobia. I'd like to get such short animation done by some professionals for my company's marketing purposes. Do you know anyone in Canada, who could do it for me? Someone from Ontario would be the best. I was thinking about professionals, I found Scifx Animation and Shapeshifter Digital Animation, but actually maybe I could use some freelancer? Guess it would be much cheaper.